Canon A85 AC Adaptor problem

Old January 3rd 05, 03:21 PM
tbr

Default Canon A85 AC Adaptor problem

I wouldn't know how to find out if the voltage falls. Your second paragraph is a bit technical for me. I wouldn't know how to connect it up and would be too worried that I would damage the camera.

The uniross specs aModel UNI 303R
Regulated AC/DC Adaptor
Input 230v~50Hz
Output 3,4.5,6,7.5,9,12V
DC300mA
I have the centre pin as positive, as advised in a posting here.

I'll have to find someone with a different AC adaptor and try that.I hope that it's the adaptor that's the problem as I only bought the camera last week.I've just purchased 8 NiMH batteries and a charger.

Maybe you can get back to me if you discover anything and vice-versa.

Cheers,
tbr

I would be curious to know what the voltage going into the camera is when
you switch to shooting mode. It could be that the voltage drops enough to
cause the 'change the batteries' message.

I would cobble up a set of batteries generating 4.5 volts and a cable to
plug into the camera, making SURE that the polarity is correct. Try to do
the same as with the Uniross power supply.

You might need a power supply with more ampacity.

I would appreciate a follow-up on this, I also have the A85 and have yet to
power it from anything but batteries. BTW, is the centre pin negative or
positive?

"tbr" wrote in message
I have just purchased a Canon A85 and am using it with a Uniross AC
adaptor(set to 4.5V).When it's on mains power the camera will work in
playback mode but not in shooting mode. When I try to take a picture with
the batteries in and mains lead connected, the display tells me to change
the batteries(which are new) and then shuts down. Without the batteries it
just shuts down. Is there something wrong with the camera or is this
normal?

I emailed Canon and they said that it should work in shooting mode using
there own adaptor but other adaptors may not. Are they telling the truth
as I can't see what ther difference would be, an adaptor is an adaptor.

Thanks,
tbr