Fuji!!!!

Old January 19th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Fuji!!!!

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Old January 19th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Good news if they can manage it. Especially in light of
Konica-Minolta's announcement that they were getting out of
the photo business completely (even digital).

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old January 19th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

In article ,
Mike wrote:

You made my heart sink until I read the first few sentences!!

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Here's another little tid bit

http://home.fujifilm.com/info/wto/index.html

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 20th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Mike wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:05:23 -0500, G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
Mike wrote:

You made my heart sink until I read the first few sentences!!

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Here's another little tid bit

http://home.fujifilm.com/info/wto/index.html

Huh? Whats your point?

Fuji just won a big WTO decision on a trade complaint brought on behalf
of Kodak regarding access to Japanese film markets. The decision may
have had a bearing on Fuji's other announcement that they'd be staying
the course in film.

I wonder if Kodak may have had some advance notice of this decision that
affected their recent marketing decisions.
Old January 20th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Lorem Ipsum wrote:
home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Considering how many mini labs and photo printing machines Fuji has out
in the world, it would be prudent to keep generating revenues from those
existing products. Nearly all the current mini lab makers can handle
digital files to produce chemical photo prints. WIth AGFA and Konica
leaving the mini lab market, that leaves Noritsu, Kodak, and Fuji.

I think large format film sales might continue to be somewhat steady,
though I am less certain about roll film sales. If I were to worry about
the future, it is only that Kodak and Fuji are the only producers of E-6
films and chemicals. That might result in few choices in the future.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old January 20th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Mike wrote:

Fuji just won a big WTO decision on a trade complaint brought on behalf
of Kodak regarding access to Japanese film markets. The decision may
have had a bearing on Fuji's other announcement that they'd be staying
the course in film.

Its dated January 28th, 1998

Oh, so it is. Well, you never know. Maybe it took 'em a while to get a
round tuit.
Old January 21st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Gordon Moat wrote:

Lorem Ipsum wrote:
home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

If I were to worry about
the future, it is only that Kodak and Fuji are the only producers of E-6
films and chemicals.

Trebla is a major manufacturer of E6 chemistry.
Old January 21st 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Tom Phillips wrote:

Gordon Moat wrote:

Lorem Ipsum wrote:

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

If I were to worry about
the future, it is only that Kodak and Fuji are the only producers of E-6
films and chemicals.

Trebla is a major manufacturer of E6 chemistry.

Wow . . . never heard of them. Did a check and found:

http://www.treblachem.com/

and

http://www.cpacimaging.com same company, different URL

I see the E-6 chemicals, but no mention of E-6 films. Do you have more
information on this? Thanks!

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old January 21st 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Gordon Moat wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

Gordon Moat wrote:

Lorem Ipsum wrote:

home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

If I were to worry about
the future, it is only that Kodak and Fuji are the only producers of E-6
films and chemicals.

Trebla is a major manufacturer of E6 chemistry.

Wow . . . never heard of them. Did a check and found:

http://www.treblachem.com/

and

http://www.cpacimaging.com same company, different URL

I see the E-6 chemicals, but no mention of E-6 films. Do you have more
information on this? Thanks!

They don't make film and also don't make E6
kits (professional only, which I've tended to
use over Kodak's E6.)

But the point is if there's a market someone
will always fill it. I doubt E6 films are in
danger...
Old January 22nd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Noted with interest, but they don't mention black and white.