What is exact CR-V3 open voltage? Why does my camera quit on 3.1 volts?

Old March 4th 05, 05:10 PM
fancy nospam tunes

Default What is exact CR-V3 open voltage? Why does my camera quit on 3.1 volts?

The CR-V3 non-rechargeable lithium has a nominal voltage of 3 volts,
allegedly. However, can anyone with a new CRV3 and a multimeter check
the "actual" voltage which, I'm guessing, must be higher than 3.1
volts, because my camera quits when the CRV3 is at 3.1 volts.

Is the CR-V3 3.3 volts?

Similarly, I have seen that at least one CR123A is actually 3.55
volts, out of the package.

Thanks for all suggestions.

If this an old topic, and there is a thread, could someone provide the
URL?
Old March 4th 05, 06:16 PM
Ken Weitzel

fancy nospam tunes wrote:
The CR-V3 non-rechargeable lithium has a nominal voltage of 3 volts,
allegedly. However, can anyone with a new CRV3 and a multimeter check
the "actual" voltage which, I'm guessing, must be higher than 3.1
volts, because my camera quits when the CRV3 is at 3.1 volts.

Is the CR-V3 3.3 volts?

Similarly, I have seen that at least one CR123A is actually 3.55
volts, out of the package.

Thanks for all suggestions.

If this an old topic, and there is a thread, could someone provide the
URL?

Hi...

The camera sitting on the table being measured will
report a much higher voltage than when it's in the
camera under load.

The more discharged the battery is the greater that
difference will be.

Take care.

Ken