DVD Ripping Software or Mac

Old April 5th 10, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Toby

Default DVD Ripping Software or Mac

On 2010-04-04 15:38:34 -0700, nospam said:

Savageduck wrote:

...and then add Toast 10 Titanium
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/to...ck=m_pro_toast

that won't do much with a commercial dvd

Agreed, but it makes some duplicating, burning, and format conversion simple.

To rip any of the various protected discs MTR, RipIt or MDRP are
needed. Even then MTR is not foolproof. RipIt and MDRP perform better.

Handbrake is just too slow and awkward.

After using MDRP can I then import to iDVD and burn a copy?
Old April 5th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Toby
wrote:

Can I then just import to iDVD and burn a playable disk?

duno about idvd, but anything that can read a video_ts folder or the
..mov/.avi/.mpg if you also encode it will be able to burn it.
Old April 5th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-04-04 15:38:34 -0700, nospam said:

Savageduck wrote:

...and then add Toast 10 Titanium
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/to...ck=m_pro_toast

that won't do much with a commercial dvd

Agreed, but it makes some duplicating, burning, and format conversion simple.

To rip any of the various protected discs MTR, RipIt or MDRP are
needed. Even then MTR is not foolproof. RipIt and MDRP perform better.

Handbrake is just too slow and awkward.

After using MDRP can I then import to iDVD and burn a copy?

iDVD is a DVD production program for the production of your own
material, or sourced from iMovie which is video editing software.

Without software such as Toast which simplifies burning all types of
DVD.s CD's etc. the easiest way to burn a copy of the extracted
VIDEO_TS folder is the following;

1: locate the VIDEO_TS folder you have extracted (ripped). If it is
contained in a folder with the actual title of the ripped DVD/CD that
is the folder to work with.

2: In the Finder, highlight the target folder. If you do not have the
"burn" button on the Finder tool bar, go to menu - File - Burn "Title
of Folder" to disc.

3: You will be cued to insert a DVD of sufficient size to match the
size of the VIDEO_TS folder. Continue and burn your copy.

NOTE: if you do not have a double layer DVD-R for large (bigger than
4.7GB) VIDEO_TS folders, you will need a program such as Toast to allow
you to compress the folder to fit on a standard 4.7GB DVD-R. Otherwise
you will be able to burn copies with what you have in the OS.

Savageduck

Old April 5th 10, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

c_atiel wrote:
Illegally duplicating/ripping copy protected material is much easier on a PC
than a Mac.
Whether it is worthwhile or not is another question.
Since you have a Mac you are stuck in the twentieth century with DVDs rather
than Blu-ray on your glorified notebook.

If I needed to run something under Windows I could just boot my Mac
into Windows rather than MacOS.

--
Ray Fischer