(newbie) What film most accurately reflects what we see?

Old October 11th 03, 08:27 PM
Witheld

Default (newbie) What film most accurately reflects what we see?

In article ,
(Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

Kodachrome. Try it!

Your patent answer,........ Kodachrome is nice if you like red.
--
When you live next to the graveyard, you can't cry at every funeral.
Old October 13th 03, 02:50 PM
Michael Scarpitti

Witheld wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

Kodachrome. Try it!

Your patent answer,........ Kodachrome is nice if you like red.

No, it's my answer because it is overall the most accurate color film.
Old October 22nd 03, 03:22 PM
Michael A. Covington

That is a loaded question for many reasons.

(1) We don't all see colors the same way. Individual differences in color
vision are common. Only when they are severe do we call people color blind.
There is even a difference between my two eyes.

(2) We see in various kinds of light. Film isn't as adaptable as we are.
The film that works best on a cloudy day may not work best in full sun.

(3) With print film, you're at the mercy of the people who make the
prints -- both their choice of materials and the adjustments they make.

Most beginning photographers seriously underestimate the extent to which
their prints are controlled by the lab, not the camera or film.