Right angle viewfinder for Kodak DCs pro..??

Old January 15th 05, 03:03 PM
andy

Default Right angle viewfinder for Kodak DCs pro..??

Been looking for a 6x6 digital back or camera system, finally decided
that the cost was just too great, so bought a Kodak, with a view to
buying a 1Ds mk2 if I was happy with the general idea.
The Kodak is great, but using it on a low tripod in the studio for hours
at a time is physically so much harder than using the old RB 67, simply
because you have to keep crouching down behind it to look through the
viewfinder, or when it is at eye level you have to dodge all the gubbins
sticking out of the tripod to get your eye to the viewfinder...
The old Nikon F3 had a waist level finder option to get around this...
and I have heard that there were some clip-on right angle viewfinder
adapters around for the autofocus Nikons and Canons a few years ago.
Anyone know anything about them.??? are they still available..??? and
if so, are they any good...???
Thanks
Andy
Old January 15th 05, 06:16 PM
mc

Nikon makes right-angle finder attachments for its SLRs. Also, the VERY
NICE Canon Angle Finder C fits almost all SLRs that have rectangular
viewfinders -- it has a couple of attachments for different sizes -- and has
nice long eye relief and your choice of magnification. I've fitted it to my
Nikon N70 and Olympus OM-1.

Old January 17th 05, 02:13 AM
andy

Very kind of you... I'd never heard of the Canon one before... off to
buy one now.....:-)
thanks
Andy