Nikon FM10: how much is it worth?

Old November 11th 05, 02:07 PM
Wim

Default Nikon FM10: how much is it worth?

Hello,
I'm thinking of selling my Nikon FM10 + 35-70mm
zoom lens at ebay, yet I have no clue what it's
worth nowadays. The camera
is in perfect condition.
Any advice appreciated!
Wim
Old November 11th 05, 03:03 PM
Ed

Wim wrote:
Hello,
I'm thinking of selling my Nikon FM10 + 35-70mm
zoom lens at ebay, yet I have no clue what it's
worth nowadays. The camera
is in perfect condition.
Any advice appreciated!
Wim

Look at the closed auctions, and it will tell you what they bring.
Unfortunately not much. We have a complete Canon 4 lens EOS film system
that isn't worth squat.
Old November 11th 05, 03:06 PM
Norm Dresner

"Wim" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I'm thinking of selling my Nikon FM10 + 35-70mm
zoom lens at ebay, yet I have no clue what it's
worth nowadays. The camera
is in perfect condition.
Any advice appreciated!

Hint #1: Do a search on eBay and see what they're selling for

Hint #2: Look at the websites of reputable camera stores and see what
they're selling the same thing for -- then expect to get (typically) 50-75%
of that price on eBay. Some stores are
http://www.adorama.com
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
http://www.keh.com
http://www.kohscamera.com

There are dozens of others.

Norm

Old November 11th 05, 07:31 PM
Advocate

It is a soft market for almost anything right now. I can't believe how
cheap things are out there. Sign of the times. Just two months ago in the
Phoenix area my house was worth 30% more and would have been over bid now
it will sit. I just picked up a Les Paul guitar in great shape for half
its value. Unheard of just a year ago or so. If you want to sell anything
right now you have to cheap sell it or wait and see.

The value for anything is what the market is willing to pay. You certainly
didn't get your Les Paul for half of it's value...you paid what it was worth
at that moment.