FS Canon EOS lenses

Old July 12th 03, 03:15 PM
Frank Malloway

Default FS Canon EOS lenses

have been changing my lens collection around and thus have the
following items for sale. All the lenses are in beautiful condition,
no scratches or dings, as I am an amateur photographer and baby my
equipment.
I have positive feedback over at photo.net, under Frank Malloway, as
well a 182 rating on ebay(user id frank2001).

I came up with, IMHO, fair and firm prices based on the average of the
last 4 items sold on ebay and then I reduced them for this board.

I will leave these items available here thru Saturday. Sunday, I will
post the ones that are not sold on ebay, so if yoou want to save a few
bucks and not risk getting snaked at the end of an auction, act
quickly!

Buyer to pay actual UPS shipping costs (I must insist on you buying
insurance) which will be calculated after I know where you live. I do
not add handling charges.

Sorry, USA ONLY!

Payment by Money order, Bank check, paypal (no credit cards!) or
ecount for credit cards.

Thanks for looking:

• EF 28-135mm IS (avg. auction price: $364.00) special forum price
$349.00

• EF 75-300mm IS (avg. auction price $362.72) special forum price
$347.00

• 58mm Hoya (HMC) UV(0) (fits above lens) $10.00

• ET-64II Lens Hood (fits above lens) $19.00

• EF 50mm f1.4 (avg. auction price $286.49) special forum price
$265.00

I also recently purchased a 70-200 L lens and will be selling an
original EF 70-210mm f4. Not the new "L" version.
It is, IMHO, sharper than the newer variable aperture 70-210mm and
faster. It makes a great lens for Digital users as it becomes a
112-320mm f4!
Includes hood and filter and is in near mint condition Make an offer.
Old July 14th 03, 01:30 AM
Frank Malloway

Thanks for looking:
EF 28-135mm IS

EF 75-300mm IS

Old July 14th 03, 09:59 AM
kf4tun

Good for you, No need for you to post here anymore!

"Frank Malloway" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for looking:
EF 28-135mm IS

EF 75-300mm IS

Old July 15th 03, 02:21 AM
Frank Malloway

"kf4tun" wrote in message . ..
Good for you, No need for you to post here anymore!

I posted as a courtesy to the other users here that might have seen my
original "for sale" post. Many of the items were sold and the
remaining were moved to eBay.
Your purpose isn't as clear, unless, of course, you had something to
sell and forgot or didn't have enough sense to list it?
Oh well, it takes all kinds, I guess.

Frank in Atlanta
Old July 19th 03, 12:30 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Your original post clearly indicated that the items would be moved to eBay
on Sunday, so I don't think you were doing anybody except yourself any
courtesies. If you were really interested in trying to sell them off eBay,
why not give them a reasonable time on Usenet. I for one don't get to read
newsgroups every day, by the time I saw your initial posts, your short time
frame was gone.

Tom P.

"Frank Malloway" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Old July 19th 03, 03:48 AM
Frank Malloway

Jerry,
The "moved to ebay" message was posted as a response to my original
FS: EOS lenses message.
I just now realized it showed up a new thread.
I really don't know how that happened?
I, too, am annoyed by those who post FS to be followed by a link to
ebay.
I have NEVER done that.
I stated in my original for sale post that all items that were not
sold by last Saturday would be moved to ebay on Sunday.
Since you can't delete a post, I then posted a follow up to that
original post as a courtesy to those who would read it and also to end
the inane and insulting offers from all the idiots this board seems to
attract now days.
Again, I don't understand how a "post a reply" message ended up as a
new thread.
I didn't mean to offend anyone, or break any precious rules, or stir
up the "net police".
I sincerely hope my intent and attitude are now perfectly clear!
If not, so be it.
Frank in Atlanta

===========================
Frank Malloway wrote:
I posted as a courtesy to the other users here that might have seen my
original "for sale" post. Many of the items were sold and the
remaining were moved to eBay.
Your purpose isn't as clear, unless, of course, you had something to
sell and forgot or didn't have enough sense to list it?
Oh well, it takes all kinds, I guess.

Frank in Atlanta

=========================

Actually, kf4tun's message and attitude was clear. Calling your Ebay
advertisement a "courtesy" to RPM readers is not clear since many
readers here (but not all) find Ebay ads to be annoying spam. It is
helpful and courteous to label your FA: items as such. Then those RPM
readers that use filters to weed out the Ebay junk can avoid this that
they prefer to avoid. Also, speculating that kf4tun might have
"something to sell and forgot" doesn't make sense. I assume that you
were trying to discredit him, but it helps if you were more coherent.

Jerry Cipriano

Old July 19th 03, 12:49 PM
John Miller

Frank Malloway wrote:
Jerry,
The "moved to ebay" message was posted as a response to my original
FS: EOS lenses message.
I just now realized it showed up a new thread.
I really don't know how that happened?

Threading happens on the newsreader. Different people will see threads
differently, depending upon what newsreader they are using, how it is
configured, and what news server they're connecting to.

--
John Miller

You have no real enemies.

Old July 21st 03, 01:19 AM
Frank Malloway

Tom,
I am sorry you missed the original post.
I have also missed items I wanted to buy.
That's why I posted the, now controversial, follow up,
I did exactly what I said I would do, moved them to eBay on Sunday.
So, if you had really wanted them you could have still bought them
with the links I posted as a courtesy to people like you, as they all
had, "buy it now" prices.
Thank you for confirming that what I did was exactly what I said, a
courtesy.
Sorry you couldn't recognise it as an opportunity to buy something you
really wanted.

Frank in Atlanta

"Tom Pfeiffer" wrote in message ...
Your original post clearly indicated that the items would be moved to eBay
on Sunday, so I don't think you were doing anybody except yourself any
courtesies. If you were really interested in trying to sell them off eBay,
why not give them a reasonable time on Usenet. I for one don't get to read
newsgroups every day, by the time I saw your initial posts, your short time
frame was gone.

Tom P.

"Frank Malloway" wrote in message
om...