Anti-reflective coatings

Old October 18th 14, 01:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Anti-reflective coatings

As the anti-reflective coating on the display of my camera was only
present in blotches, I've replaced the display with a new one.

The new one however has no anti-reflective coating at all.

Is there perhaps an anti-reflective coating spray which would allow to
apply a permanent (or semi-permanent) anti-reflective coating to the LCD
display?

An Internet search for "anti-reflective coating" yields many results.

Apparently these sprays exist and are used in photography for a variety
of purposes. Seems some of them only apply a temporary coating and are
used to get rid of reflections in a studio for instance. But is there
perhaps some more permanent spray?
--
Alfred Molon

Old October 18th 14, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-18 12:44:02 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

As the anti-reflective coating on the display of my camera was only
present in blotches, I've replaced the display with a new one.

The new one however has no anti-reflective coating at all.

Is there perhaps an anti-reflective coating spray which would allow to
apply a permanent (or semi-permanent) anti-reflective coating to the LCD
display?

An Internet search for "anti-reflective coating" yields many results.

Apparently these sprays exist and are used in photography for a variety
of purposes. Seems some of them only apply a temporary coating and are
used to get rid of reflections in a studio for instance. But is there
perhaps some more permanent spray?

Personally, if you are talking about the LCD display it would depend on
the camera. For many DSLRs and some compact cameras Giottos has a much
better solution than an antireflective spray in their Aegis M-C Schott
glass LCD protectors which along with anti-reflection, provide a degree
of protection for the display.

They are available from B&H, Amazon, and probably most good photography
stores offering Giottos products.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Giottos+Aegis&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts =ma&Top+Nav-Search=
or
http://tinyurl.com/pdxamqq

http://tinyurl.com/ohova5b

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/giottos-aegis-lcd-screen-protector-lcd-screen-review-7555

Savageduck

Old October 19th 14, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Thanks. In the meantime I ran into the Lexerd screen protectors which
come in an anti-glare version. I'll give a try to those.

--
Alfred Molon