Just in case

Old October 16th 14, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Just in case

On 10/14/2014 9:56 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
Just in case anyone here is still interested in photographs, here's a
couple that I took last year but never got around to doing anything
with in post. Looking for something else, I came across this one:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...2-04-91-XL.jpg

welcome back.
I like the people crossing sign. Is there a place where intelligent
people are allowed to cross?

With it was a closer view of something in the same scene, seen on the
right of the above:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...-04-29D-XL.jpg

Reminds me of John Isaac's work. Not the subject matter, but in seeing
ability. Nicely done.

Some things in the original view of the same photos have been moved,
deleted, and changed in Photoshop, but if you don't see the9Not in subject, but in ability to see.
alterations then they never happened.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 14, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 10/15/2014 9:53 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:20:58 -0400, PeterN wrote:

On 10/14/2014 9:56 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
Just in case anyone here is still interested in photographs, here's a
couple that I took last year but never got around to doing anything
with in post. Looking for something else, I came across this one:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...2-04-91-XL.jpg

welcome back.
I like the people crossing sign. Is there a place where intelligent
people are allowed to cross?

The sign was the original subject matter since I have a collection of
signs that strike me as amusing. However, I included a wide shot and
later found that to be the interesting shot.

While most of the signs I've taken photographs of are funny, I took
this in 2008 and *still* can't figure out what it's all about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c15ql7o3tx...2-124.jpg?dl=0

The sign's maker took the trouble to make the sign and place it in a
busy area off the Interstate, but I have no idea what message he/she
was trying to convey.

I look for unintended humor in signs.

This image is quite ordinary

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/CA_03011421124778-Ti%5B1%5D.jpg

Now I add information. It was taken in the emergency room at a hospital.
The juxtaposition made me nervous.

With it was a closer view of something in the same scene, seen on the
right of the above:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...-04-29D-XL.jpg

Reminds me of John Isaac's work. Not the subject matter, but in seeing
ability. Nicely done.

People can talk all they want to about the advantages of this over
that in equipment and supporting software, but if you don't see
there's a photograph there, you don't have a photograph.

Yup

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-16 13:30:21 +0000, PeterN said:

I look for unintended humor in signs.

This image is quite ordinary

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/CA_03011421124778-Ti%5B1%5D.jpg

Now I add information. It was taken in the emergency room at a
hospital. The juxtaposition made me nervous.

WTF was that supposed to be,...a postage stamp? Could you possibly have
got it down to micro-dot size?

Savageduck

Old October 16th 14, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 2014-10-16 13:30:21 +0000, PeterN said:

I look for unintended humor in signs.

This image is quite ordinary

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/CA_03011421124778-Ti%5B1%5D.jpg

Now I add information. It was taken in the emergency room at a
hospital. The juxtaposition made me nervous.

WTF was that supposed to be,...a postage stamp? Could you possibly have
got it down to micro-dot size?

Sorry. It was a cropped iPhone image. The technical aspects are not the
point.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 14, 06:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-16 13:30:21 +0000, PeterN said:

I look for unintended humor in signs.

This image is quite ordinary

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/CA_03011421124778-Ti%5B1%5D.jpg

Now I add information. It was taken in the emergency room at a
hospital. The juxtaposition made me nervous.

WTF was that supposed to be,...a postage stamp? Could you possibly have
got it down to micro-dot size?

Sorry. It was a cropped iPhone image. The technical aspects are not the point.

What technical aspects?
There are no aspects at all.
That image is so small it isn't even useful as an icon or button. As
for the content and subject matter it remains a mystery made impossible
to view due to shrinkage.

Savageduck

Old October 18th 14, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:53:27 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

While most of the signs I've taken photographs of are funny, I took
this in 2008 and *still* can't figure out what it's all about.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...otice-1429.jpg
is a photograph of a sign on a wire fence surrounding a water storage
tank in Fort Canning Park, Singapore. There is little doubt what this
one is all about.

Eric Stevens

Just in case Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 17 October 21st 14 04:54 PM
Just in case PAS Digital Photography 0 October 15th 14 01:57 PM
NIKON D70 - which case? jc Digital Photography 0 April 8th 05 10:38 PM
Case Barrie 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 January 4th 04 04:43 AM
FS New case for F3 warren weber 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 July 3rd 03 06:00 PM