Eric Ward and stunning iPhone photos

Old October 16th 14, 10:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Eric Ward and stunning iPhone photos

In article , sobriquet wrote:

Sandman:
I linked to this in another thread, but it's worth posting here as
well. Some here thinks that you need a big and expensive DSLR to
take amazing photos, but Eric Ward, an Ohio Schoolteacher, uses
only his 8 megapixel iPhone 5S to take amazing photos.

http://instagram.com/littlecoal

All iPhone photos. I would easily claim that his iPhone photos are
better than all our DSLR-photos in this group. Combined.

If you do a side by side comparison of a dslr shot reduced to 8 mp
and a full size 8 mp iphone pic, it should be obvious iphone
produces crappy pics that only look 'good' at lousy resolution
(something like 640x480).

Why don't you do that and get back to us?

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 16th 14, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

nospam:
oh yes it can.

Ok, 240 fps is better than the 60 frames a second a dsrl can do (at
720p or 1080p). But as far as photographic capability is concerned,
having the ability to create a feeling of depth by having background
stuff nicely out of focus by using a shallow depth of field is
something you can't really achieve on an iphone and that seems like
a pretty significant creative limitation.

iphone:
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conten...0-32-57-AM.jpg

dslr:
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conten...-Version-2.jpg

Uh, you do realize that you can but a macro lens on an iPhone as well, do
you not? You need a special lens on your DSLR to create attractive bokeh -
and you can do the same on a smartphone.

The limitations aren't as severe as you have been led to believe. That
said, there obviously *are* limitations.

An iPhoto photo with a macro lens:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iPhone-5-Macro-Lens-Sample-2.jpg

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 16th 14, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:17:20 PM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:

Uh, you do realize that you can but a macro lens on an iPhone as well, do

you not? You need a special lens on your DSLR to create attractive bokeh -

and you can do the same on a smartphone.

Uh, you do realize the pics I pointed to were not macro pics, do you?

I'm talking about regular pictures with a shallow depth of field.

Having a shallow depth of field in macro pics is trivial, but it's
more of a creative tool when shooting pics at normal range.
Old October 16th 14, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:27:34 AM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
[..]
Why don't you do that and get back to us?

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

--

Sandman[.net]

Why waste money on crappy pics, when I've already established that
the iphone produces crappy pics?

http://i.imgur.com/dTWuT8W.jpg
Old October 16th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

Sandman:
[..] Why don't you do that and get back to us?

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

-- Sandman[.net]

Why waste money on crappy pics, when I've already established that
the iphone produces crappy pics?

You haven't, and only a complete moron would call any of the pictures on
the above link are crappy. Go figure.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 16th 14, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On 15 Oct 2014 14:08:26 GMT, Sandman wrote:

I linked to this in another thread, but it's worth posting here as well.
Some here thinks that you need a big and expensive DSLR to take amazing
photos, but Eric Ward, an Ohio Schoolteacher, uses only his 8 megapixel
iPhone 5S to take amazing photos.

http://instagram.com/littlecoal

All iPhone photos. I would easily claim that his iPhone photos are better
than all our DSLR-photos in this group. Combined.

Claim all you want. But producing small and processed photos with any
modern phone is easy. Letme know how those sports photos go with your
phone.
Old October 16th 14, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:19:24 PM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
In article , sobriquet wrote:

Sandman:

[..] Why don't you do that and get back to us?

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

-- Sandman[.net]

Why waste money on crappy pics, when I've already established that

the iphone produces crappy pics?

You haven't, and only a complete moron would call any of the pictures on

the above link are crappy. Go figure.

Nonsense. They are crappy pics by virtue of the fact that the
iphone takes crappy pics. Anyone can verify this for themselves by
taking a close look at an iphone pic and compare it to a similar dslr
pic to see what a picture looks like at good quality (assuming both
are properly composed and exposed).

Besides, the littlecoal iphone pictures are nothing special. True,
there are a few nice ones, but most are just dime-in-dozen pics you
see all the time on photosites like flickr, 1x and 500px.

And if you're in to photography and can't make something special,
don't be into photography.

http://i.imgur.com/XWmCn22.jpg
Old October 17th 14, 08:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

-- Sandman[.net]

sobriquet:
Why waste money on crappy pics, when I've already established
that the iphone produces crappy pics?

Sandman:
You haven't, and only a complete moron would call any of the
pictures on the above link are crappy. Go figure.

Nonsense. They are crappy pics by virtue of the fact that the iphone
takes crappy pics.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it become true.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 17th 14, 08:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Bowser wrote:

Sandman:
I linked to this in another thread, but it's worth posting here as
well. Some here thinks that you need a big and expensive DSLR to
take amazing photos, but Eric Ward, an Ohio Schoolteacher, uses
only his 8 megapixel iPhone 5S to take amazing photos.

http://instagram.com/littlecoal

All iPhone photos. I would easily claim that his iPhone photos are
better than all our DSLR-photos in this group. Combined.

Claim all you want. But producing small and processed photos with
any modern phone is easy. Letme know how those sports photos go with
your phone.

What sport photos with my phone?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 17th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Friday, October 17, 2014 9:16:54 AM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
In article , sobriquet wrote:

Here are his iPhone photos available for purchase:

https://www.twenty20.com/littlecoal

-- Sandman[.net]

sobriquet:

Why waste money on crappy pics, when I've already established

that the iphone produces crappy pics?

Sandman:

You haven't, and only a complete moron would call any of the

pictures on the above link are crappy. Go figure.

Nonsense. They are crappy pics by virtue of the fact that the iphone

takes crappy pics.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it become true.

So stop spreading lies.

The iphone creates tacky pics and I've already shown an high res
example of a comparison between a tacky iphone pic and a real
quality picture taken with a dslr.

http://i.imgur.com/dTWuT8W.jpg

So unless you can show an example of an actual iphone pic that is
not tacky in comparison to a similar dslr pic, you are just
repeating your unfounded lies.