graffiti galore

Old October 14th 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

Default graffiti galore

http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg
Old October 15th 14, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Some were ok, but most were crap...

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 15th 14, 12:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:25:24 PM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
In article , sobriquet wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Some were ok, but most were crap...

--

Sandman[.net]

Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?
Old October 15th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

sobriquet:
http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Sandman:
Some were ok, but most were crap...

Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?

This ones were ok:
http://i.imgur.com/YTNrUzw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1VY5WKA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ihc9Zbq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mtbKSS8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9xFJYs0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ywE1e2N.jpg

This is the only really good one:
http://i.imgur.com/mFAVQwl.jpg

The rest were various degrees of crap

Meaning they are dime-a-dozen graffiti, looks the same, nothing special.
And if you're in to graffiti and can't make something special, don't be
into graffiti.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 15th 14, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:36:39 PM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
In article , sobriquet wrote:

sobriquet:

http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Sandman:

Some were ok, but most were crap...

Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?

This ones were ok:

http://i.imgur.com/YTNrUzw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1VY5WKA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ihc9Zbq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mtbKSS8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9xFJYs0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ywE1e2N.jpg

This is the only really good one:

http://i.imgur.com/mFAVQwl.jpg

The rest were various degrees of crap

Meaning they are dime-a-dozen graffiti, looks the same, nothing special.

And if you're in to graffiti and can't make something special, don't be

into graffiti.

I think if you try to make a graffiti, you will find it's not so easy and it takes a fair bit of practice to come up with anything worthwhile.

This one for instance looks kind of simple:

http://i.imgur.com/kYURNmd.jpg

But if you consider it more closely, it actually is a pretty neat work.

Compare it to some examples of actual sloppy crap (in my opinion):
http://i.imgur.com/JG9CUmu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RShQnBi.jpg

--

Sandman[.net]

Old October 16th 14, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

In article , sobriquet wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Some were ok, but most were crap...

--

Sandman[.net]

Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?

Here is some really good grafitti.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/five%20pointz%20partial.jpg

The above is one of the last pictures that was taken. To avoid
litigation over historic designation, the eveving of the day I took that
pivture, the owner whitewashed entire building.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 14, 11:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , sobriquet wrote:

[...]

Uh, yeah, that's sort of my point

This one for instance looks kind of simple:
http://i.imgur.com/kYURNmd.jpg

Yeah, that one is pure crap.

But if you consider it more closely, it actually is a pretty neat
work.

No.

Compare it to some examples of actual sloppy crap (in my opinion):
http://i.imgur.com/JG9CUmu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RShQnBi.jpg

Well, that's not graffiti as art, that's just color thrown on a wall. My
comments were purely in the scope of graffiti as an artform, and these two
do not fall into that category at all, and ths register far lower than
merely "crap"

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 16th 14, 11:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , PeterN wrote:

sobriquet:
http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Sandman:
Some were ok, but most were crap...

--

Sandman[.net]

sobriquet:
Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?

Here is some really good grafitti.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/five%20pointz%20partial.jpg

Not really. Everything between the windows was mediocre at best. The photo
is low res so it's haerd to see any detail, but the red and circle ones on
the lower wall has some potential, but doesn't look very good from afar.

The above is one of the last pictures that was taken. To avoid
litigation over historic designation, the eveving of the day I took
that pivture, the owner whitewashed entire building.

You should google "Puppet", a Swedish (from my hometown) graffiti artist
whose name is Daniel.

Here is one of his really early work (1989), from the Västerås industrial
port:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Puppet©1989.jpg

Obviously, later work is a lot nicer.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 16th 14, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 10/16/2014 6:27 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article , PeterN wrote:

sobriquet:
http://imgur.com/a/h8AGz

Also nice for cutting and pasting on the ipad:

http://i.imgur.com/O1lA0vK.jpg

Sandman:
Some were ok, but most were crap...

--

Sandman[.net]

sobriquet:
Could you be more specific? Which ones are crap and why?

Here is some really good grafitti.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/five%20pointz%20partial.jpg

Not really. Everything between the windows was mediocre at best. The photo
is low res so it's haerd to see any detail, but the red and circle ones on
the lower wall has some potential, but doesn't look very good from afar.

Prior to change of ownership, grafitti areas on that building was
reserved for recognized grafitti artists. You and I may not like some of
the images. Indeed I do not like a lot of the images either, but they
are recognized as art.

The above is one of the last pictures that was taken. To avoid
litigation over historic designation, the eveving of the day I took
that pivture, the owner whitewashed entire building.

You should google "Puppet", a Swedish (from my hometown) graffiti artist
whose name is Daniel.

Here is one of his really early work (1989), from the Västerås industrial
port:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Puppet©1989.jpg

Obviously, later work is a lot nicer.

I would not like that image hanging on my wall, but I recognize it as
art. Fortunately, there is no one artbiter of which art is better than
others.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 14, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:19:44 PM UTC+2, Sandman wrote:
In article , sobriquet wrote:

[...]

You sound a bit like those clueless people who visit museums and
proclaim that their 3-year old can come up with something similar
every time they see an abstract work of art.

If it doesn't fit their idea of art, it must be crap and they
can't work out that perhaps it's their concept of what constitutes
a work of art that's crap and not the creations they dismiss so
easily.