Is $700 for a Canon Digital Rebel good?

Old July 14th 04, 12:58 PM
Blad Nut

Default Is $700 for a Canon Digital Rebel good?

$700 for a DRebel in good shape is a good deal, as long as it has not been
abused. i do not mean on purpose, but a novice to digital photography, who is
not familiar with digital cameras can do damage accidentally. You should make
sure that it is in good working shape, there has not been alot of dust
accumilation on the sensor. In the DREBEL it would take a moderate amount of
dust to even be visible in any images, thanks to the sensor type and camera
design. As others have said, check out the warranty situation, and if possible
have a camera repairman or knowledgeable clerk in a camera store look over it,
if you are not confident in your ability to do so. This is a great camera for
novice or expert and am surprised that your neighbor has decided it is not for
him. His loss, maybe your gain :-). It also responds well to the best L lenses
very well.......good luck and enjoy it if you buy it.
Old July 14th 04, 09:46 PM
Alan D

I found newegg to have one of the best deals on a digital rebel with
($879.95) and without ($818) the kit lens along with free shipping. It is
up to you whether you think that is a good deal versus buying a new one. He
is going to give you a 1 GB compact flash and some other lenses for that
price? :-) Also, has if the battery has been abused, that would be a
concern and might need replacing. Abuse could be as simple as not using it
and leaving it in a fully discharged state.

Alan D.

"Daniel Dravot" wrote in message
nk.net...
My neighbor bought one new in the spring but decided he doesn't like

digital
photography and said he was going to get rid of it. It looks like it just
came out of the box and even still has that "new electronics" smell.

The local camera store where he got it offered him only $500 for it, which
made him mad-- but he told me he'd take $650-700 for it.

Should I do it?

Dan'l.