Sony T-1 or T-11

Old June 29th 04, 02:36 AM
Charlie Vaughn

Default Sony T-1 or T-11

I am looking for information on the Sony T-1 or T-11 from anyone that has
used one. I need a pocket type unit for photos on the go. Pros/cons..etc.

Thanks,

Charlie

Old June 29th 04, 08:35 AM
Toke Eskildsen

"Charlie Vaughn" wrote

I am looking for information on the Sony T-1 or T-11 from anyone
that has used one. I need a pocket type unit for photos on the go.
Pros/cons..etc.

The only real difference to me is that the T1 has a sliding cover,
while the T11 has not. Internally, the cameras are the same. The T11 is
thinner, but there is no lens-protection, which means that it will get
dusty.

I bought a T1 a week ago. I have previously owned a Kyocera SL400R. The
Kyocera didn't have a cover for the lens and it became somewhat of an
annoyance to have to wipe the lens with a soft cloth several times a
day. There's also the increased risk of scratching the lens with all
the cleaning. The sliding cover of the T1 doesn't eliminate
dustproblems, but it works a lot better than no cover.

That being said, the extra millimeters can be felt in the pocket. The
Kyocera was 15mm thick, while the T1 is 22mm. I seem to recall that the
T11 is around 18mm thick?
Old June 30th 04, 12:25 AM
David Chien

But what dust protection on either?!?
The T11 has no lens cover, the sliding one on the T1 has a visible
gap between the cover and body, so anything can fall right down behind
the cover and land on the lens. (ie. it's not a real cover, just a
sliding shade)

Bad design on both models, forget it if you're trying to keep them
safe in a dusty environment!

Old June 30th 04, 08:09 AM
Toke Eskildsen

David Chien wrote

The T11 has no lens cover, the sliding one on the T1 has a visible
gap between the cover and body, so anything can fall right down
behind the cover and land on the lens. (ie. it's not a real cover,
just a sliding shade)

That doesn't change thew fact that my Kyocera got far more dust on the
lens than my sony T1. I use the same pants with roughly the same level
of cleanness now as I did when I had the Kyocera.

Bad design on both models, forget it if you're trying to keep
them safe in a dusty environment!

I do agree on the bad design part.
Old June 30th 04, 12:59 PM
Jorge Prediguez

"Charlie Vaughn" wrote in message .. .
I am looking for information on the Sony T-1 or T-11 from anyone that has
used one. I need a pocket type unit for photos on the go. Pros/cons..etc.

Thanks,

Charlie

You have some really big elephant balls to risk wasting your precious
memories with a Sony paperweight camera. How good can a credit card
sized camera take pictures? Not to ****ing great. Buy the Sigma SD9.
You white gringo cracker boys have the loot. But I bet you want to
impress your honkey tonk cracker buddies with your folded optics metal
case of wires and dingel berries.
Old June 30th 04, 06:45 PM
David Chien

True, and short of a waterproof camera like the Pentax 43 or similiar,
it's hard not to worry about a digital camera. If you have optional
waterproof cases, then you can protect a digital camera in harsh
environments such as beach, sand, dusty areas, etc. w/o having to buy a
camera already designed for such.

Still, it's quite silly to see Sony releasing a $599 camera that doesn't
even have a decent lens shutter -- like come on Sony! it's just as
simple as a sliding cover.

Old July 1st 04, 08:25 PM
Richard Knoppow

Please do not respond to this. It is cross posted to half a
dozen news groups.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old July 1st 04, 08:59 PM
FLY135

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
k.net...
Please do not respond to this. It is cross posted to half a
dozen news groups.

--
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

I counted five. That's not a half a dozen.

Old July 1st 04, 10:02 PM
John McWilliams

Default [OT] Sony T-1 or T-11

FLY135 wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
k.net...
=20
Please do not respond to this. It is cross posted to half a
dozen news groups.

--
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

=20
=20
=20
I counted five. That's not a half a dozen.
=20
=20

Yabbut, it's close enough for gummint work... !

And I put OT in the headers, not because I care about OT discussions,=20
but as a service to those who want to pass by "discussions" that have no =

real content.

K=95E=95Y.... see ya real soon!

--
John McWilliams