20D: Why not simple drag-and-drop download?

Old October 11th 05, 09:42 PM
G.T.

"Bill" wrote in message ...
G.T. wrote:

I like that it will turn off automatically when I'm walking around. It
springs back to life instantly with a quick tap on the shutter button,
so there's no need to waste battery power.

The battery life on my Rebel XT ain't that great so I find it useful,

too.
With the quick startup time of the Rebel XT I find no problem with auto
power down.

I'm curious, what do you mean that it's not "that great"?

Typically I've noticed an average of about 450+ shots out of a single
charge when I run the battery down. Though most of the time I top up as
needed since LiIon batteries work best when not completely drained.

I don't use the image review after each shot, and the internal flash is
rarely used. I do use the playback feature to review a group of images
though, but I still find the battery life to be pretty good.

I get about 350 with my usage which is considerably less than my original
Digital Rebel. I use the review image after each shot (I could probably
turn it off) but I playback images alot when I'm on all day hikes or bicycle
rides because I'd rather delete then and there rather than wading through
pics when I get home. I don't use the internal flash much.

Greg