Is Google Paying Attention

Old January 26th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default Is Google Paying Attention

I don't like the new layout and it's buggy.
And why is all that junk allowed? Dan

Old January 26th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:38:58 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

spake thus:

I don't like the new layout and it's buggy.
And why is all that junk allowed? Dan

Try using a real news client. Still nothing better than good ol' Usenet,
using a text-based system like [insert name of diety here] intended.

/\/\/\/\/\/\
AGENT 4.1

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old January 26th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Jan 25, 7:38 pm, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

spake thus:

I don't like the new layout and it's buggy.
And why is all that junk allowed?

DanTry using a real news client. Still nothing better than good ol' Usenet,
using a text-based system like [insert name of diety here] intended.

Yes But. I'm looking at Google Groups, rec.photo.darkroom.
It looks BAD with all that Junk. Google should have skipped the
new format and spent the time working to block the Junk.
This and other Groups ARE members only? Dan

Old February 5th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't like the new layout and it's buggy.
And why is all that junk allowed? Dan

I also use Google Groups to check Usenet when not at
home. The new format is awful but workable once you get used
to it. For instance, the sign in for Google members shows up
at the far upper right corner so its easy to miss. Also, the
frequently visited groups now show up as a pull-down menu.
I am not sure what you are calling junk. I use Firefox
which allows blocking images so I am able to eliminate some
advertising on some sites. I also do not have Flashplayer on
the computer I use. While it has some legitimate uses it
seems most of the Flash stuff is animated advertising which
I find very distracting and annoying.
Google is still useful where one must access news
groups on a machine which has access to the web but not to a
news server.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old February 9th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Matt Clara

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't like the new layout and it's buggy.
And why is all that junk allowed? Dan

I also use Google Groups to check Usenet when not at home. The new
format is awful but workable once you get used to it. For instance, the
sign in for Google members shows up at the far upper right corner so its
easy to miss. Also, the frequently visited groups now show up as a
pull-down menu.
I am not sure what you are calling junk. I use Firefox which allows
blocking images so I am able to eliminate some advertising on some sites.
I also do not have Flashplayer on the computer I use. While it has some
legitimate uses it seems most of the Flash stuff is animated advertising
which I find very distracting and annoying.
Google is still useful where one must access news groups on a machine
which has access to the web but not to a news server.

How do you View As Tree in the new google groups? I can't tell who's
replying to whom...most annoying.

Old February 9th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

On 9 fév, 01:49, "Matt Clara" wrote:
How do you View As Tree in the new google groups? I can't tell who's
replying to whom...most annoying.

Once you selected a thread, click on "More Options" (upper right side
of the window) then on "Show Message List" (upper left side of the
window).
To remove the arborescence, just do the opposite ("Hide Message List"
and "Hide Options") ...

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch