[ZLR] Nikon Coolpix 8800 with VR built in

Old September 17th 04, 08:39 AM
David J Taylor

Chuck wrote:
Panasonic is not and he was comparing it to the Panasonic.
(Which has a 12x lense , not a 10x , and also , f2.8 all the way)

He was also comparing it to the Minolta, which only has a 7X lense.

Who cares about the 8 MP anyway. What we want is a 10x with VR. 5 or
6 Mp would be enough for me.
Also, it cant go higher than 400 iso

You can shoot at 5MP with the 8800 should you wish.

David

Old September 17th 04, 08:41 AM
David J Taylor

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
[]
This might be time for me to upgrade from my 5700.

Same here - can't wait to put my money down (assuming the reviews are OK).
Would most likely get the 28mm wide-angle and the polarising filter as
well.

Cheers,
David

Old September 17th 04, 08:54 AM
David J Taylor

Richard Cockburn wrote:
[]
Actually the 8400 looks better to me because of the 24mm wide angle
(35mm film equiv) than the 10X zoom on the 8800.

... and a wide-angle adapter can take you even wider (18mm I think).

Cheers,
David

Old September 17th 04, 08:47 PM
Alan Browne

Chuck wrote:

neither the Panasonic or the Minolta is a 8mp anyway

A2 is 8 MP and has antishake ... but less optical zoom (7.1x)

Old September 17th 04, 08:47 PM
Alan Browne

Old September 19th 04, 08:47 AM
Scott Peterson

"David J Taylor"
wrote:

Same here - can't wait to put my money down (assuming the reviews are OK).
Would most likely get the 28mm wide-angle and the polarising filter as
well.

Since it's the same price as the 8700 was and adds VR it will probably
be quite popular. Personally I'd give up the VR if they'd just have
improved the low light focusing so that you have a chance of getting
the picture you see when the viewscreen blanks, not 2 or 3 seconds
later.

Scott Peterson

--
Kinky is when you and your partner use
a feather. Perverse is when you use the

63/588

Old September 19th 04, 10:55 AM
David J Taylor

Scott Peterson wrote:
[]
Since it's the same price as the 8700 was and adds VR it will probably
be quite popular. Personally I'd give up the VR if they'd just have
improved the low light focusing so that you have a chance of getting
the picture you see when the viewscreen blanks, not 2 or 3 seconds
later.

Scott Peterson

I tend to use the half-pressed shutter release in those circumstances, and
single-shot auto-focus.

Cheers,
David