Makeshift LED based Enlarger alignment tool

Old January 1st 05, 09:38 AM
f/256

Default Makeshift LED based Enlarger alignment tool

http://members.rogers.com/penate/ali...ment_tool.html

Comments, question, suggestions, all welcomed.

Guillermo

Old January 1st 05, 01:57 PM
dr bob

"f/256" wrote in message
http://members.rogers.com/penate/ali...ment_tool.html

Comments, question, suggestions, all welcomed.

Guillermo

Exactly as I do except for the LEDs. The LEDs seem to help a lot.

Truly, dr bob.

Old January 1st 05, 06:53 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 1/1/2005 1:38 AM f/256 spake thus:

http://members.rogers.com/penate/ali...ment_tool.html

== Bookmarked.

Comments, question, suggestions, all welcomed.

Unnecessarily complex. But way kewl! Psychedelic patterns 'n all ...

(How about making an even more kaleidoscopic version?)

--
Today's bull**** job description:

• Collaborate to produce operational procedures for the systems management
of the production Information Technology infrastructure.

- from an actual job listing on Craigslist (http://www.craigslist.org)

Old January 1st 05, 07:03 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 1/1/2005 1:38 AM f/256 spake thus:

http://members.rogers.com/penate/ali...ment_tool.html

Comments, question, suggestions, all welcomed.

By the way, at the end of your page, you say:

A professional and accurate tool exists, for information you may want
to visit www.zig-align.com.

I believe your rig is every bit as accurate as anything commercially available.

Old January 1st 05, 11:04 PM

f/256 wrote:

Comments, ...

I'm tempted to be very blunt when it comes to
'alignment tools' but I won't. I do not wish to incur
the rath of that tool industry.
I have used the trapezoidal method. Others have used
the trapezoidal method. It will produce the most
accurate alignment possible. But it does not
require the purchase of any equipment.
I hope I've not incurred any rath. Dan

Old January 1st 05, 11:31 PM
f/256

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
On 1/1/2005 1:38 AM f/256 spake thus:

By the way, at the end of your page, you say:

A professional and accurate tool exists, for information you may want
to visit www.zig-align.com.

I believe your rig is every bit as accurate as anything commercially

available.

I agree. My only reason in mentioning that site is that my tools is
inspired in theirs, so I thought that mentioning would be the right thing to
do.

Guillermo

Old January 1st 05, 11:52 PM
f/256

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have used the trapezoidal method. Others have used
the trapezoidal method. It will produce the most
accurate alignment possible. But it does not
require the purchase of any equipment.
I hope I've not incurred any rath. Dan

Saying about trapezoidal method: "It will produce the most accurate
alignment possible" is not correct, IMO. It can probably produce as
accurate alignment as other methods but not necessarily "the most accurate".
Any method used is better than nothing, that for sure. I haven't used the
trapezoidal method, but I have used a bubble level and an inclinometer, but
I find that using this LED based tool I can make the "across and along" both
at once. Using any other method I have used, making the across the stage
alignment affects the along one, and vice versa, so it becomes an almost
never ending process to have both directions aligned.

As far as purchase, the whole thing cost me 2 bucks or so: 75cts for the
LEDs and about a buck for the mirror tile, the 9Vdc battery is the one
coming from the annual change of batteries of my smoke alarms, I change them
once a year but the batteries still have some juice in them.

Guillermo

Old January 2nd 05, 01:43 PM
Stephan Goldstein

In article , "f/256" wrote:
http://members.rogers.com/penate/ali...ment_tool.html

Comments, question, suggestions, all welcomed.

Guillermo

Very nice tool!

How did you cut the holes in the mirror?

steve