dubai sunset

Old April 30th 13, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default dubai sunset

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 00:12:22 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
That's funny, because except for the sun the entire image is black and
white.

Something is wrong with either your monitor or your eyes.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ise%20%201.JPG
is the result of a first fiddle on my part and one thing is certain,
the image is not black or white. In fact I had a great deal of trouble
locating a patch of black.

You have massively boosted the saturation levels.

No I haven't. I've applied a change to contrast/brightness of the sand
using a gradient filter and reduced the width by 10%. Otherwise I
haven't played around with the image at all.

In the original image,
except for the sun, there is barely any colour:
http://www.granvista.dk/dubai/DSCF6326.JPG

The shrubbery is green and there is an olive-green tinge to the sand.

It's essentially a black and white image with a little colour in the
sun. The sky, the sand, the plants, everything is grey in that image...

"essentially black and white" is not quite the same as "except for the
sun the entire image is black and white".

Even in your image with the boosted saturation levels the desert sand is
still grey.

Not on my colour-calibrated (Spyder) screen.

Eric Stevens