5 dolares bill

Old May 20th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default 5 dolares bill

On Sat, 20 May 2006 12:32:51 GMT, RW+/-, who may be a fool for her
stockings wrote:

The guy who started it all is back living in Mexico and running the
business from there, he cannot come back to the States openly or will be
thrown in jail. He is very business savy and as soon as one place is shut
down he has another one started up. He is nationwide . . .

Interesting. I hadn't heard that Billy Gibbons fled Tejas.

Old May 20th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joseph Meehan wrote:
RW+/- wrote:

There is no fear and why you have some I'll not understand. They are
not an invited guest, they're interlopers who take and take, they
don't give back.

They are invited guest.. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled
masses, yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse
of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed, to me"

right. and the procedure to coming legally is well documented.

since they come illegally, they are lawbreakers.

you are obviously a barking moonbat.
Old May 20th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:02:29 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Bill Funk wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:53:28 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Bill Funk wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:31:20 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Dear Fellow American,

As an American I resent the idea that somehow Mexicans coming to
the US to work are some sort of threat. Why do people fear
anything that is different?

It's not Mexicans (or anyone else) coming here to work that's a
threat.
It's people coming here *ILLEGALLY* that's a threat.
Why can't you be honest, and admit that it's *ILLEGAL* immigration
that's being discussed?

Tell me, have you ever been guilty of speeding or dropped a piece
of paper on the sidewalk?

Non sequitur.
And pointless.
I was correcting what was being discussed, not the morality of it.
I have noticed (as I'm sure you have) the trend to ignore the
illegality, and act as though unchecked immigration is a good thing.
If so, then let's push for the abolition of all immigration rules, and
just let everyone in.
Is that what you want?

What I want is for people to look on their hypocrisy and realize that
they are using this illegal thing as an excuse. They would deport someone
for violating a bureaucratic regulation while they themselves often violate
laws of equal or greater importance.

Getting people to think is good. Honest!
If you equate littering to illegal immigration, I seriously question
your priorities. IOW, are you thinking when you do that?
And my question stands: why is the word "illegal" not used, being
replaced with "undocumented" or ignored alltogether? Isn't this also
hypocrisy?
A real danger I see is people who are here illegally demanding rights
that don't have, and aren't entitled to. What's the danger?
Politicians may actually think that the rhetoric comparing the
demonstrations for illegal immigrants' "rights" are somehow comparable
to the marches for civil rights of the recent past, involving people
who were being denied rights. The two are not comparable; one group is
demanding rights they don't have and aren't entitled to, the other was
demanding that rights that they were supposed to have, be recognized.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old May 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:
Dear Fellow American,

It's this simple: Mexico is invading America without firing a single
shot!

Stupid troll.

The politically correct crowd is branding anyone who opposes illegal

The neocons are riddled with corruption, are stealing trillions of
dollars from your treasury, and waging needless wars in order to
further enrich themselves, and you're stupid enough to fall for their
jingoistic distraction.

Sucker.

--
Ray Fischer

Old May 21st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joseph Meehan wrote:
l v wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

l v wrote:

As an American I resent the idea that somehow Mexicans coming to
the US to work are some sort of threat. Why do people fear
anything that is different?

It's not Mexicans (or anyone else) coming here to work that's a
threat.
It's people coming here *ILLEGALLY* that's a threat.
Why can't you be honest, and admit that it's *ILLEGAL* immigration
that's being discussed?

Sure, but I never did so in a way that broke the law, although I
have broken the law as almost anyone has. So what is the real
problem? Why are those who come into the US illegally in order to
get a job more of a problem than someone who risks my life by
breaking the speed limit or who cares so little about the rest of
the world that they dump their trash on the city street?

It's not as simplistic as you are trying to make it. 5-10 mph over
the posted speed limit is not risking your life unless that speeder is
driving reckless. I suggest you have the passenger in your car take a
digital photo of that reckless driver (hey, just trying to tie it to
purpose of this news group somehow). What is a speed limit anyway?
Speed limits were set to a number to bring traffic deaths to an
acceptable number. Say you drive north of Columbus Ohio into the
state of Michigan, just because you crossed the state line you can
now drive 70 mph vs 65. What made you a better and safer driver as
you crossed the state line?

But lets go back to the words above:

"It's people coming here *ILLEGALLY* that's a threat. Why can't you be
honest, and admit that it's *ILLEGAL* immigration that's being discussed?"

You are the one that started this discussion with comparing illegal
immigration to speeding and littering. I was simply following your
correlation between speeding and illegal immigration -- albeit, an
invalid one.

I would agree that often the posted speed limit may not be the fastest
safe speed for that section of the road. You are appear willing to suggest
that speeding is different in what way? Speeding is illegal and being an
illegal immigrant is illegal. You want to use the illegal tool for one and
not the other?

"So what is the real problem?" you ask? I *hate* having 40% of my pay
going to people who do not have any right to my -- and your -- hard
earned money. I *hate* paying more for services to make up for the
free services that illegal immigrants think they deserve. I *hate*
having laws passed for illegal immigrants lobbied by illegal
immigrants. They have no rights in this country but seem to think
they do. Become legal. It's too bad that the waiting list is 18
years behind - so I'm told.

40% of your pay??? And that all goes to illegal immigrants, or are you
saying what? Does not much of that go to a little war we started in Iraq
and education of the children of US citizens and prisons holding mostly US
citizens and various services for US citizens.

I think your not following the news close enough and I think you are
using the wrong news group for your education. How about you
illegally move into Mexico and see what rights you are entitled to.

I think this makes it pretty clear.
http://blahblahblog.wordpress.com/20...r-immigration/

Yea, now there is a real impartial source of unbiased news good old
Rush. I guess that explains a lot about your views.

You are making a big assumption.

Since I assume you are not native American, what nationalities were your
ancestors who came to this country and when did they come?

They came from Lithuania and Germany in the late 1800's and did so legally.

Cheers

I hope you find the answers you are looking for as it is clear from the
other posts under this thread, you will not fully understand the issues
surrounding illegal immigration. Therefore I must end with *plonk*

--

Len
Old May 21st 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"D Mac" writes:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Naturally they're mostly pretty quiet about
this. They want those people to be illegal, hence afraid and
vulnerable; but they want them to remain present. Hence, no amnesty,
but token gestures at enforcement to look good, but which will be
ineffective.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ,
http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/

Yep... This is definately an on-topic subject for digital photo group. NOT!

Very true. Sorry! I'm not perfect at ignoring politically-motivated
misinformation, wherever it appears.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 22nd 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Stacey wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Why
are those who come into the US illegally in order to get a job more of a
problem

It's not the act of coming here illegally that's the problem. It's all the
illegal stuff they have to continue doing once they are here. Mainly it's
being paid in cash and not paying ANY income tax that causes the problems.
They can work for paid in cash "take home pay' which is much less that
legitimate workers (that are paying income tax and social security) have to
be paid before tax to have the same standard of living. If these illegals
were given a pay check with taxes taken out like everyone else, hiring them
wouldn't be -the deal- it is now. THAT is the problem. I'm all for making
them legal and also making them pay income tax like the rest of us do.

In my U.S. neighborhood alone, I know 6-7 illegals that send a
significant portion of their earned dollars back home (cash in an
envelope) to support a family they left behind. It's difficult to know
the numbers, but if one were to extrapolate the amount of dollars
flowing south, I figure there are some mexican banks getting a
chunk in exchange fees, not to mention the aggregate cash income of
mexican families may have an import value that would raise more than a
few eyebrows. In that regard, it doesn't surprise me that Mexico
doesn't support our concerns over our immigration problems relevant to
their own citizens living north of their border.

Regarding the street marches we saw recently, it seems a bit misguided
to me that the marches were about rights that only the legal immigrants
have. I think the marchers would've been more effective by protesting
in the streets of Mexico City trying to reform their home government to
provide the things they seem to think they deserve in the U.S. OTOH,
all the recent friction has opened a dialog that may produce results
they don't like.

Having read through this thread already, I read the blahblahblog
reference and noted Rush's comment about illegal Americans in Mexico is
spot on - it is a criminal offense. However, the Mexican authorities
don't pay much attention unless the American is illegally earning an
income in some way - then the heat gets turned up - and the gringo
usually loses their worldly possessions during a bus ride back north.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Old May 22nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RW+/- wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006 01:40:00 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
..

But they are not doing honest work,

In my experience they are doing honest work and more of it than
many of the people complaining.

You are going to just love this, especially if you have kids who ride
the school bus.

There is an interstate business run my an illegal who was a printer in
Mexico, he specializes in false identity cards, drivers licenses,
etc. A multi-million dollar business run right under the feds noses.

Here is the fun part.

The driver of your kids school bus may very well be one of these
illegal's using false ID. Have a very nice day.

I would guess that if a school bus driver does have a false ID, it is
more likely to have been made by a US citizen.

Why do you want to paint all undocumented workers as people who are
doing harm?

I don't know how old you are, but I am old enough to remember the things
that were said about non-whites in the 50s and 60s. It is the same kind of
misinformation that I am seeing here. Take as little truth and try to pass
it on to all or THEM. Hitler did it to the Jews. It is a very hateful
trick. I am sorry if you have not seen that before passing that kind of
hate along.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old May 22nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RW+/- wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:53:32 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
..

Good boy, now that you are on our side of the fence, legally, then
maybe you'll understand that we are a nation of laws. The act of
murder is illegal, like speeding and illegal immigration, yet all do
not merit the same punishment.

Ah yes, punishment. You break the law, there is a preset set of
consequences for the action. In this case they are too be thrown
back into the sea from whence they came. Get it? Good, I am so glad
you got it. Now we can agree, they are illegal and should be jailed
until they are thrown back.

Well not exactly as you do. We don't jail someone for dropping a
cigarette on the sidewalk.

shakes head

As a country of law we also should pride ourselves on having
fair and just laws. In this case I don't see the law as it stands
as fair or just and certainly not consistent with what we have
posted on the Statue of Liberty. I hope you feel the same and will
now move ahead and work for fair and just immigration laws.

Fortunately you have no place on a seat of judgment, with your
perception and prejudices (see your first para) you could never
administer the law properly. I will never feel the same as you
regarding immigration. You have no clue as to just and proper,
economics, nor the realities of the situation. You also appear to
have a severely limited understanding of the subject and history of
the matter. Like times when there was a serious situation going on in
a foreign country and we temporarily suspended/superseded the law.

So why do you think the draconian laws preventing them from
coming to the US legally are desirable?

I did not make up the laws, so you must study the reasons and
purpose of the law as well as develop a lot of common sense. Our
laws are much more liberal in this respect then any other nation in
the world.

Sorry but our immigration laws are NOT "much more liberal in this
respect then any other nation in the world" More liberal than some,
but not all. I also suggest that there is no reason we need to
lower ourselves to the level that other nations may have
established. After all we claim to welcome all those who would
come, but our laws seem otherwise.

LOL, given that you do not even know what is going on in this country
regarding the illegal's I doubt rather strongly that your vision is
any better regarding world views. Like what went on in France just a
few months ago.

I would guess that I may well know better than you do.

The American law should be toughened up, brought into line with
those of the rest of the world, yes, even Mexico's law where it is
a felony.

Well if you like the laws in Mexico, maybe you should move?

Naw, I think I'll stay, fight for the enforcement of the current
laws, plus re-enforcing those with new ones for security purposes.
(anti-terrorism)

I have a new project for you. How about showing your love for the
states surrounding your own state. Build a fence around it and don't let
anyone in unless they can prove they have never committed a crime. While
you are at it, why not dump anyone released from one of your prisons on the
other side.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit