Camcorder around $1000USD?

Old October 25th 04, 08:39 AM
Bill Kiene

Default Camcorder around $1000USD?

I have very little knowledge here and would like to get one to film on
fishing trips.

Not looking at the extreme pro quality. Just want to show some of the
fishing action.

I was thinking over $500 but maybe uder $1000 unless it would be of a great
advantage to spend a little more.

Just looking for some good advise.

thanks

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

Old October 25th 04, 03:21 PM
GT40

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:39:33 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

I have very little knowledge here and would like to get one to film on
fishing trips.

Not looking at the extreme pro quality. Just want to show some of the
fishing action.

I was thinking over $500 but maybe uder $1000 unless it would be of a great
advantage to spend a little more.

Just looking for some good advise.

Canon lineup is nice I think the ZR line is still around, that said I
would make sure they are miniDV, then just try them out.

Old October 25th 04, 03:24 PM
Frank ess

wrote:

I have very little knowledge here and would like to get one to film
on fishing trips.

Not looking at the extreme pro quality. Just want to show some of the
fishing action.

I was thinking over $500 but maybe uder $1000 unless it would be of
a great advantage to spend a little more.

Just looking for some good advise.

Canon lineup is nice I think the ZR line is still around, that said I
would make sure they are miniDV, then just try them out.

I'd try
rec.video.desktop
for current qualified opinion.

Old October 25th 04, 04:17 PM
Steven Scharf

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message om...
I have very little knowledge here and would like to get one to film on
fishing trips.

Not looking at the extreme pro quality. Just want to show some of the
fishing action.

I was thinking over $500 but maybe uder $1000 unless it would be of a great
advantage to spend a little more.

Just looking for some good advise.

thanks

See the Camcorder short list at: "http://nordicgroup.us/camcorder/"

In your price range, the two best choices are the Sony TRV70 and the
Canon Optura Xi. Even the Canon Optura 30 or 40 would be acceptable.
Try not to go to the really low end with the smaller CCDs.

Also, rec.photo.video might be a better place to ask advice.

Old October 25th 04, 07:41 PM
Bill Kiene

Thanks for help. I appreciate it a lot. Now I have a starting point.
--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA