Where to learn digital photography?

Old October 5th 04, 02:20 PM
gsk

Default Where to learn digital photography?

I've been shooting 35mm and medium format for several years but know very
little about digital. I notice that the New York Institute of Photography
offers a comprehensive digital photography course but it seems a bit pricey.
I don't live near a community college that offers evening courses. Any
suggestions in ther ways to learn digital - good books, online courses,
etc.Thanks in advance.

Old October 5th 04, 02:50 PM
[BnH]

Hmm .. what do you want to learn ?
its basically the same.

=bob=

.. .

Old October 5th 04, 03:52 PM
Gene Palmiter

Shooting is like shooting slides. Other than that...get some books on
Photoshop or a comparable program, especially some that deal with
photographs. Read a lot of what is on line.

"[BnH]" b18[at]ii[dot]net wrote in message
Hmm .. what do you want to learn ?
its basically the same.

=bob=

.. .

Old October 5th 04, 05:52 PM
Ivan

Not much difference. Much less colour correcting filters needed. I think
most camera manuals will cover anything that is different from film slr's.
The salesman will tell you about memory cards . Post processing is probably
the biggest difference. Learning some basic computer editing program will
be almost necessary. Learning PhotoShop of a lesser equivalent would be
better. I haven't invested in a digital body yet...but I've recently
aquired a dedicated negative scanner. I did this 75% to gain editing
experience, and 25% to gain control over cropping, color balance, and
printing. In a year or two when I switch to digital I'll at least have that
advantage.
Cheers, Ivan
.. .

Old October 6th 04, 06:20 AM