Cascade (with sheeting action!) - No, this isn't spam. Its a cheap Photo Flo

Old February 15th 04, 04:58 PM
Some Dude

Default Cascade (with sheeting action!) - No, this isn't spam. Its a cheap Photo Flo

In desperation last night I reliased I had run out of my Flo and raced
to the kitchen. I didn't have any Ivory as I normally use when I'm
out but all I had was Cascade gel dishwashing detergent.

Said screw it and squirted about 1 TBSP into a 1 gallon jug, filled it
up with distilled water, shook it vigorously and proceeded to use it
on a roll of IR. Voila. Perfectly clean- no spots- no
nothing...identical to the "results" of Photo Flo.

So- if you get in a bind- and you use Cascade Gel, you know what to
do!

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh
Old February 15th 04, 07:09 PM
Some Dude

It'll probably shatter.

It does have Phosphorus in it (1.33 grams per tbsp)- although I have
no idea what that'd do to negs (i'm not a chemicisicist)

And I quote "Ingredients include phosphate salts and enzymes"

I mean- it worked as a one-off but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it
on money-making negatives, etc

And yeah, from a previous poster- it smells a hell of a lot better

Any guess what the long term affect will be on the negative? I would assume
that the detergent folks aren't too concerned about archival issues.

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh
Old February 15th 04, 08:09 PM
Jorge Omar

I don't know about Cascade - but I understand there is a dishwasher
product (forgot the US name, it's the final wash thing) that's fairly
used around the world as a poor man option...

Jorge

Some Dude wrote in
:

Old February 15th 04, 09:37 PM
Some Dude

"Jet Dry"

its not really a poor man option, though...Maybe a few cents cheaper
overall..

I think the best *common* poor man option is a drop or two of ivory
liquid into distilled water...