We Are Not Being Served!

Old February 11th 04, 12:08 AM
Dan Quinn

Default We Are Not Being Served!

I am POed at the lack of a darkroom centric quarterly or bi-monthly
publication. I dropped Photo Techniques because of their preoccupation
with digital. Also, the very arcane nature of some of the few articles
concerning the darkroom, were distracting.

Photo Vision, for which I paid a full years subscription, is no longer
being delivered. I was so disappointed with my first glance at the four
I did receive that I've yet to give them a close look.

I've some issuses of Darkroom Techniques and years of Camera & Darkroom;
DTs from the 80s and C&D from the 90s. Those were Good publications.

Darkroom Techniques started as a quarterly. Perhaps that would serve
the Community. Contributors should abound. Perhaps someone will be
interested and able to spearhead such an endeavor.

In the meantime, what of the World Journal of Post Factory Photography?
I think I should subscribe to it. Dan
Old February 11th 04, 01:27 AM
d23

Well, you are a little late--the last issue is due soon. On the other hand,
I think you can buy a whole set and I recommend it.
Charles Portland OR

Old February 11th 04, 11:27 PM
Dan Quinn

"d23" nospam@here wrote

Well, you are a little late--the last issue is due soon.
On the other hand, I think you can buy a whole set and I recommend it.

Charles Portland OR

More bad news. How about this: a subscriber supported WWW
site? I know, I know, there are a few good sites with informative
articles of interest to darkroom enthusiasts. Relying on the
benevolence of a few generous soles we've even some interesting
new ground to cover once in a great while.
The problem with the current off the stand magazines is their
coverage of the total photographic experience. Off hand I'd say
2 to 5 pages of 65 might be of darkroom interest. Dan
Old February 15th 04, 03:43 AM
Dan Quinn

Gilbert Dumont wrote

More bad news. How about this: a subscriber supported WWW
site? I know, I know, there are a few good sites with informative
articles of interest to darkroom enthusiasts. Relying on the
benevolence of a few generous soles we've even some interesting
new ground to cover once in a great while.
The problem with the current off the stand magazines is their
coverage of the total photographic experience. Off hand I'd say
2 to 5 pages of 65 might be of darkroom interest. Dan

The time has come to really join our efforts ... at the web. Take a
look at www.apug.org. That's your new Photo Techniques and Camera &
Darkroom !

Gilbert

I'm an APUG member. Search dancqu for my posts.
APUG is not a magazine. There are sponsers but no advertisements. There
are no articles.
I'm suggesting a web publication which does advertise, has articles,
and makes money, some of which finds it's way into the pockets of
contributors.
I think it should have a narrow focus, dealing only with darkroom
interests. Dan