Dooooole How Stuuupid can I -b

Old February 12th 04, 09:38 PM
Gary Beasley

Default Dooooole How Stuuupid can I -b

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:46:48 -0600, Frank Pittel
wrote:

Gregory W Blank wrote:
: Well I did something really dumb today, was processing in the
: Jobo and I lifted the lid off before fixing my film. One thing I can
: attest to now: is that PMK does mask or block light, as the negative looks
: perfect now that its fixed.

I've heard that exposing film to light prior to fixing but after the stop
bath won't cause any problems. It has something to do with the fact that you
did indeed "expose" the film but since you didn't redevelop the film it
had no effect on the negative.

I've always been to chicken to try it and see if it actually works though. :-)
As to the stupid mistake part at least you got usable negatives after your
mistake. When I do something stupid I end up with nothing but clear plastic
or horribly fogged film.

--

This would only work with an acid fix and/or acid stop bath. Beware
trying to pop the tank lid too soon using a water rinse and an

-------------------

Old February 13th 04, 08:57 PM
Patrick Gainer

FDN wrote:

"Patrick Gainer" wrote in message

Gregory W Blank wrote:

Well I did something really dumb today, was processing in the
Jobo and I lifted the lid off before fixing my film. One thing I can
attest to now: is that PMK does mask or block light, as the negative

looks
perfect now that its fixed.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

You know, don't you, that when you fall in excrement and come up
smelling like a rose, you're not supposed to let on like it ever
happened?

I only know this because my cat told me.

Indeed, cats are expert at this behavior. They look at you as if to say
"Surely you don't think I could be clumsy enough to knoct that beautiful
vase off that shelf."
Old February 15th 04, 02:49 AM
Richard Knoppow

"Gregory W Blank" wrote in message
Well I did something really dumb today, was processing in

the
Jobo and I lifted the lid off before fixing my film. One

thing I can
attest to now: is that PMK does mask or block light, as

the negative looks
perfect now that its fixed.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Probably not so much from the stain image as from
desensitizing. All developers tend to desensitize the film
as it developers. Pyro developers are noted for this which
is one reason they were popular for inspection development.

--
---
Richard Knoppow