Value of a D100 and D70

Old April 1st 05, 11:36 PM
Tom Scales

Default Value of a D100 and D70

I am in a position that I want to sell:

Nikon D70 - Like New, in box, less that 1,000 shutter releases
Nikon D100 - Like New, in box, less that 1,000 shutter releases
Nikkor 24-85 f/3.5-4.5G Like New
Nikon SB80DX Flash, Like New, in box, with case

Any suggestions on their value? If anyone is interested, write me at
D70@scales family.com

(lose the space)

Thanks,

Tom

Old April 2nd 05, 06:35 AM
Time Teamer

the bodies, with a new model(s) iniment i'd say 1/3 to 1/2 market value.

the lens, plastic ones don't fetch much sh.

the flash maybe towards 3/4 mv

. ..

Old April 2nd 05, 06:57 AM
Douglas Tourtelot

Look at what they are fetching on eBay. That will be a fairly reliable
indicator of the market. For the digis, I would hope that you could get
more than 1/2 of the "new" price; for God's sake. It's not a Hasselbald or
some dumb camera like thatg.

D.

"Time Teamer" wrote in message
the bodies, with a new model(s) iniment i'd say 1/3 to 1/2 market value.

the lens, plastic ones don't fetch much sh.

the flash maybe towards 3/4 mv

. ..

Old April 3rd 05, 12:07 AM
Jay Davenport

Tom, I just curious as to why you are selling the D70? What I mean is, do
you know if Nikon is coming out with anything new in the near future? I
figure they will replace the d100 at some point. I've had one for about 9
months and love it. I just wish I could put the grip attachment on it.
. ..

Old April 3rd 05, 03:52 AM
Tybee

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:36:49 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

I am in a position that I want to sell:

Nikon D70 - Like New, in box, less that 1,000 shutter releases
Nikon D100 - Like New, in box, less that 1,000 shutter releases
Nikkor 24-85 f/3.5-4.5G Like New
Nikon SB80DX Flash, Like New, in box, with case

Any suggestions on their value? If anyone is interested, write me at
D70@scales family.com

(lose the space)

Thanks,

Tom

I just sold my two year old D100 with ~3000 actuations in near perfect
condition for $750. I also included an additional generic battery and
a 512M CF card. I believe this to be pretty representative of what you
can expect to get for your camera.

I also just purchased a used 24-85/3.5-4.5 in good shape for $200. You
can probably get a little more than that for it. I think I got a
pretty good deal.

tybee
Old April 3rd 05, 04:39 AM
Tom Scales

I'm selling it because I am now the proud owner of a D2X. When I can shoot
12.4mp, why would I shoot 6?

Tom
"Jay Davenport" wrote in message
Tom, I just curious as to why you are selling the D70? What I mean is, do
you know if Nikon is coming out with anything new in the near future? I
figure they will replace the d100 at some point. I've had one for about
9 months and love it. I just wish I could put the grip attachment on it.
. ..