Canon 20D. Unable to View Memory Card From PC

Old December 16th 04, 07:36 PM

Default Canon 20D. Unable to View Memory Card From PC

Just got a Canon 20D, connected it all up to my PC, but I am unable to view
the memory card. It is as if the PC can't see the memory card. Usually the
PC picks cameras up as removable drives, and you can browse it in Windows
Explorer, but not this time.

Therefo
1) I put the compact flash card in a card reader, and was able to view the
images on the card without any problems.
2) I re-formatted the memory card in both the camera, and the PC, but this
made no difference.
3) When I turn the camera on, the PC picks it up and recognised that a 20D
is connected to the PC showing that the connections are OK
4) I can control the camera from my PC OK, such as taking photos with 'EOS
Capture' from my PC, showing that the drivers are working OK
5) When I look go to StartControl PanelScanners and Cameras, it shows the
camera as working OK

It's just not picking up the memory card in the camera. And ideas?

Old December 16th 04, 08:14 PM
leo

A wrote:
[...]

The camera has two modes when connecting to a PC. The default mode
requires driver and the 2nd mode make the camera acts like a drive.

Old December 16th 04, 08:52 PM

Hello Leo

I take it you mean the communication setting? Either normal or 'PTP'?

If so, the setting is on 'Normal', which is as it should be. 'PTP' is
prepare to print mode.

Old December 16th 04, 10:40 PM
leo

"leo" wrote in message

A wrote:

[...]

I am sorry. You did say you use Win2000. PTP supports XP only. You have
to use normal mode and install the driver.