Regarding eBay sniping

Old June 17th 04, 01:17 PM
Collin Brendemuehl

Default Regarding eBay sniping

Any purchasers here use any snipping software/services?
Are they useful?
.... trustworthy? (I've been hijacked once and never want it to happen again.)

Collin
Old June 17th 04, 03:40 PM
Marv Soloff

I have used "ESnipe" with good results - my losses are those when I set
the final price too low and am outbid. No problems with ESnipe in about
60 transactions.

Regards,

Marv

Old June 17th 04, 08:58 PM
R.C.Booth

Contax N1 w/24-85 Zeiss lens & hood, caps extra screen and owners manual.
Nearly mint and used very little. Great camera but I just have too much
stuff and need to pare down.

Contact off list

RCB

Old June 17th 04, 10:34 PM
John Bartley

Collin Brendemuehl wrote:

Any purchasers here use any snipping software/services?
Are they useful?
... trustworthy? (I've been hijacked once and never want it to happen again.)

Collin

Yup - Esnipe is what I use - inexpensive and so far flawless. That's not
to say that I always win!! The thing I like about Esnipe is that I can
decide what I'm willing to pay, set the "snipe" and then forget about
it. I'm terrible for second guessing myself, and then bidding more than
I should.

cheers

--
regards from ::

John Bartley
43 Norway Spruce Street
Stittsville, Ontario
Canada, K2S1P5

( If you slow down it takes longer
- does that apply to life also?)
Old June 18th 04, 06:51 AM
JOE

Snipe 'by hand' - it's more fun. Be there in the last minute of the auction,
open a separate window (sized down) for the listing, and for the
'place bid' window - and keep refreshing the 'current price' window
until there is only 15 seconds remaining, then click 'submit bid' in the
other window. 75+ wins in my favor - not as 'accurate' but more
fun than eSnipe and all the rest. Makes ya feel like you've done
something.

JOE

om...

Old June 20th 04, 12:36 AM
Mike

I agree, that makes it fun!

Especially when you're located on the east coast and the auction ends after
9:00 p.m. or so pacific time.: - )

"Jim Dawson" 2dawson@c h a r t e r.net wrote in message
I agree, that makes it fun!

Jim

"JOE" wrote in message
news.com...
Snipe 'by hand' - it's more fun. Be there in the last minute of the

auction,
open a separate window (sized down) for the listing, and for the
'place bid' window - and keep refreshing the 'current price' window
until there is only 15 seconds remaining, then click 'submit bid' in the
other window. 75+ wins in my favor - not as 'accurate' but more
fun than eSnipe and all the rest. Makes ya feel like you've done
something.

JOE

"Collin Brendemuehl" wrote in message
om...
Any purchasers here use any snipping software/services?
Are they useful?
... trustworthy? (I've been hijacked once and never want it to happen

again.)

Collin

Regarding eBay sniping Collin Brendemuehl General Equipment For Sale 9 June 20th 04 12:36 AM
The deals on Ebay mjc Large Format Photography Equipment 24 April 10th 04 08:46 PM
ebay [email protected] Film & Labs 0 March 26th 04 06:28 AM
ebay scam Boo In The Darkroom 24 March 14th 04 08:44 PM
Digital Camera for sale at eBay! Bernie Other Photographic Equipment 0 February 17th 04 04:56 PM