Canon vs Nikon: the loser is...

Old August 27th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kinon O'Cann

Default Canon vs Nikon: the loser is...

....Sony! Give the recent introductions by both companies, and the depth of
their systems, why would any working pros buy Sony's SLRs? Granted, Sony's
stuff is nice, but why?

Old August 27th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sigh...More Fools

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:58:37 -0400, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:

...Sony! Give the recent introductions by both companies, and the depth of
their systems, why would any working pros buy Sony's SLRs? Granted, Sony's
stuff is nice, but why?

Sorry, Nikon has been the loser for the last 30+ years. then things went
terribly downhill from there in their quality and capability when they tried to
enter the digital realm. Get some experience under your belt before you can even
hope to know which camera company is worth supporting. The only reason that
Nikon is still around is due to the very same phenomenon that keeps PhotoShop
around. They were good at one time, so some daft pros kept supporting them and
all the mindless sheep followed like good little idiots. You now have a huge
snowball of fools and idiots. There should be a name for this phenomenon that
keeps low-quality products going.

Oh wait, I remember now, I already have the perfect name for it. I call it "The
Human Termite Syndrome". Termites, when building spires inside of their nests,
will all start off randomly making spires. If they detect one nearer to them
that is larger they will abandon their own to go build the larger one, even
taking materials from their better smaller spire to go support the larger one.
The larger spire may be the most useless addition, their own spire being much
more functional and have more purpose to the success of their nest. But no,
since they detected one nearby that is being built by more termites and is
already larger, they abandon their better spire to go help build the large bad
one. VHS also won out over Betamax due to the Human Termite Syndrome. (On a
smaller scale you can see this phenomenon happen at every garage-sale or
yard-sale. Nobody will go to one unless others are already there. Once 2 or more
people show up the rest of the mindless sheep come flocking to it.)

Remember this in the future. The only reason that Nikon and PhotoShop are still
around is due to "The Human Termite Syndrome".

What a shame that humans have no more ability to think and reason than most
insects. These two product-lines prove it without question.
Old August 27th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Aug 27, 8:18 pm, Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" writes:
...Sony! Give the recent introductions by both companies, and the
depth of their systems, why would any working pros buy Sony's SLRs?

Sony is an appliance company. I don't think Sony's target audience is
working pros.

Sony sell because they spend of lot money advertising themselves as a
hi-tech company, is very available (megastores, malls, airports), and
carry a lower sticker price than products with similar specifications
(if you disregard quality and ergonomics).

Granted, Sony's stuff is nice, but why?

I don't even think Sony's stuff is nice. Most of it is junk.

I totally agree, but suspect we'll soon hear from a certain
journalist...

PS I really liked your "City Language Oslo" project. Looks like a
bleak place, I must admit!

Old August 27th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ketil Kirkerud Elgethun

Gisle Hannemyr writes:

"Kinon O'Cann" writes:

...Sony! Give the recent introductions by both companies, and the
depth of their systems, why would any working pros buy Sony's SLRs?

Sony is an appliance company. I don't think Sony's target audience is
working pros.

Not in this particular field, no. (Is this mostly a Minolta legacy? -
it's been a long time since pros would consider a Minolta camera, afaik.)

However, they _do_ target pros in a related field: video.

In professional, broadcast video, they are among the top rated
suppliers of cameras, vtrs, vision mixers, dves, monitors, &c.

---Ketil
Old August 27th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Sigh...More Fools wrote:
[...]

And make sure you all remember that those termites were doing their
thing long before humans arrived on the scene and will be doing their
thing long after humans have left. They may be dumb and mindless but
together with their cockroach friends they do know how to survive.
Dave Cohen
Old August 27th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Sigh...More Fools wrote:

Sorry, Nikon has been the loser for the last 30+ years. then things
went terribly downhill from there in their quality and capability
when they tried to enter the digital realm. Get some experience under
your belt before you can even hope to know which camera company is
worth supporting. The only reason that Nikon is still around is due
to the very same phenomenon that keeps PhotoShop around. They were
good at one time, so some daft pros kept supporting them and all the
mindless sheep followed like good little idiots. You now have a huge
snowball of fools and idiots. There should be a name for this
phenomenon that keeps low-quality products going.

LOL! Let's see how many critical problems and firmware updates come out
when the D300 and D3 hit the streets. Compared to Canon's track record and
tradition of introducing models that haven't been tested in the Q&A
department prior to boxing. Canon had 7-years to fix the dreaded "error
99"
and now the latest focusing issues with the Mk III. I realize you are just
trolling so I'll give you a pat on the back.

Sadly, Nikon's new 14-24/2.8 and 24-70/2.8 are G lenses and won't work
on my
Mk III.

There are now some leaked (probably genuine) D3 images taken
at iso 3200. Canon have some *big* catch-up to do.
You should forget the "18 month rule" and sell the little
crop-sensor 1DIII now - while it is still worth something.
Old August 27th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:49:03 GMT, Dave Cohen wrote:

And make sure you all remember that those termites were doing their
thing long before humans arrived on the scene and will be doing their
thing long after humans have left. They may be dumb and mindless but
together with their cockroach friends they do know how to survive.

There are also no sock puppets among the termites and roaches
because they deal with them quite intelligently, as a meal.

Old August 28th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sigh...More Fools

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:49:03 GMT, Dave Cohen wrote:

And make sure you all remember that those termites were doing their
thing long before humans arrived on the scene and will be doing their
thing long after humans have left. They may be dumb and mindless but
together with their cockroach friends they do know how to survive.
Dave Cohen

And I'm sure that all their photo albums will be quite lovely as they share them
on all those genus-reunion picnics that they attend. Anemones have been around
much longer and all they've managed to accomplish is longevity and slithering
around on reefs, cleaning up the left-overs in the water. Horseshoe crabs too,
their longevity is dependent on few things caring to eat their copper-based
blood.

May your populace of insect and anemone level intellect enjoy the low-quality
and low-capability of their PhotoShop and Nikon longevity. I, on the other hand,
prefer to be more than an insect whose actions and choices are not determined by
the semi-random actions of the all other nearly-mindless collective around them.

May you one day be lucky enough to strive to be more than an insect collective
or anemone slithering around on rocks.

Old August 28th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Aug 28, 3:28 am, Sigh...More Fools wrote:

I, on the other hand,
prefer to be more than an insect whose actions and choices are not determined by
the semi-random actions of the all other nearly-mindless collective around them.

Don't be an idiot. How different is a brain from an ant colony?

Old August 28th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sigh...More Fools

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:33:25 -0700, acl wrote:

On Aug 28, 3:28 am, Sigh...More Fools wrote:

I, on the other hand,
prefer to be more than an insect whose actions and choices are not determined by
the semi-random actions of the all other nearly-mindless collective around them.

Don't be an idiot. How different is a brain from an ant colony?

Only a fool with the mind of an insect couldn't see the difference. And an even
bigger fool to ask such a stupid question.