What the heck !!!!

Old August 16th 03, 11:42 PM
Nikon D1

Default What the heck !!!!

What is with these people from Indoniesa!. I'm selling a Nikon F5 on ebay
and I've had at least four people from Indonesia contact me with off the
wall offers to buy the camera from me. When I mean off the wall - the camera
is listed for USA $1200.00. These people contact me with offers of US
$1700.00, $1400.00, $1800.00. It clearly states that the "buy it now" price
is ONLY $1200.00. They only want to pay with credit card. I tell them to
send the payment to me via online service because that is the only way I can
accept credit card payments. They say no. They would rather pay by credit
card by manually giving me the credit card info through email - because it
is more secure!. Then I would have to manually scan the info on a credit
card machine!. And get this, they will only do this if I "promise" to
destroy the information after I enter in the manual credit card machine.
Isn't it more secure to enter the credit card info into an online service
provider and send me the payment?. This way I don't know anything about them
or their credit card. I just receive the payment. BTW - who uses manual
credit card machines these days anyway?. Well, I never hear back from these
people after I say I can only accept credit cards through on line payment.

Old August 16th 03, 11:54 PM
T C

Nikon D1 wrote:
[...]

That is funny. Unless I am mistaken, e-mail is the most insecure way to
send credit card information. I suppose some people don't care if the
number is stolen... AGAIN.

Old August 17th 03, 01:27 AM
Al Denelsbeck

"Nikon D1" wrote in
:

[...]

It's called 'stolen credit card numbers'. Not to mention the possible
scam of denying the transaction, once the bill comes in at the end of the
month, because the amount charged is different from that advertised, thus
implicating *you* in CC fraud.

There's always a scam of the month, or even hour. If it sounds funny,
stay the hell away.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 17th 03, 02:00 AM
Plexiform

definitely not kosher.....
Old August 17th 03, 03:36 AM
markie

You'll also notice that a lot of big sellers in their ads say they will ship
worldwide EXCEPT to Indonesia, no exceptions. Now I wonder why that is.

Old August 17th 03, 01:21 PM
focusclick

Oh ,I'm sure there a credit card numbers stolen all over the world but for
some reason those people from Indonesia make it VERY obvious that they have
a credit card scam going on. Just be careful.

"Hickster0711" wrote in message
I'm missing something here. I've seen, "will not ship to Indonesia"

several
times also, but is this the only place CCs are stolen? Taking a CC over

the
phone is nuts anywhere, but why only Indonesia? Bob Hickey

Old August 18th 03, 05:19 AM
Feline Technologies

I made the mistake of checking "will ship internationally" when selling a
top of the line Sony Vio laptop new in box....
Actually I use SAPro to list my auctions to e b a y so that was just the
default.

I got about 5-10 of those a day. I helped kick lots of users off that
week....lol

It's a scam don't fall for it. Just like the guy recently on the bay from
"Spain" (even though all the ID's he uses are reged to the US) that is
listing for sale S-2 Finpix, D 60, Kodak 14 N's etc.....will all stock
pictures along with other high end stuff. (like 300 of them) this guy stole
user's ID's and is going off of their feedback. If it's too good to be true
then stop and think about it a while longer!

--
Adam N
www.acmeresale.com