Seamless clips from separate clips - Software?

Old January 13th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Seamless clips from separate clips - Software?

Hello all,
Currently I use a three year old Kodak LS-420 to capture video clips.

The files are .mov files.

I then transfer them over to .mpeg files and then to .swf files using some
shareware products.

I'm happy the results since the .swf files are smaller than the .mov files
and can be read by many people.

Most of these clips are 180 degree pans since I am a realtor.

What are some good suggestions of shareware for editing?

For example:

1. splicing one clip to another.

2. or fixing the contrast or color saturation.

Ideally if I took a 10 second shot of the living room with a pan and then
another 8 second clip of the kitchen and then another 11 second clip of the
garage - I would need some sort of software to accomplish a seamless clip of
all three rooms.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated with regards to any shareware
software from Tucows, etc.. that can do this job.

Thank you.

Eddy

Old January 13th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Microsoft Windows Movie Maker can splice the clips together. I've never
used it for fixing color or saturation so I cannot speak to that.
However, the software is free if you want to take a look.

- Barry

Old January 13th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , says...

[...]

For starters, you can edit the MOV files in QT-Pro (basically the freeware ver
of QT that is registered for ~US$30). These can then be Saved, thouogh make
sure to check the box of self-contained file, otherwise you only get a "
pointer" to the separate files on disk.

MS MovieMaker, as suggested is part of XP and does a pretty fair job with
transitions, etc. Digital Media Converter (shareware, IIRC ~US$20) can do a
ton of conversions with frame rate, size changes, etc. Good middle-o-the-
project application. For color & density correction, I use Pinnacle Studio 9
(10+ is out now), with several freeware plug-ins that work very well. Pinnacle
is a bit restrictive, as to the file formats that it will use, so DMC comes in
handy there. It goes far beyond MovieMaker, but has some quirks, and a bit
steeper learning curve.

Hunt