Nikon D70 prices, what's up?

Old April 1st 05, 09:45 AM
Paul Rubin

Default Nikon D70 prices, what's up?

I see Adorama hasn't yet removed the $100 rebate form from its site
(rebate expired yesterday March 31), but they now sell the camera for
$829.95 (you have to add it to your cart to see that price). Some
Ebay dealers are selling it for as low as $689 saying they've cashed
the rebate already. I hate rebates and generally refuse to buy
anything that has one. And I prefer to buy from good dealers (Adorama
is considered pretty good) if it doesn't cost too much more.

Question: do you think the current Adorama price reflects a price cut
following the rebate going away? Or will it fall by another $100
pretty soon? Should I hold out for a D70S? It does have some small
improvements over the D70 but I'd rather get a D70 if I can save $100
or so that way. I don't want the D50 because I prefer CF cards.

Any thoughts on when we'll see a D90 or D200 or whatever? I don't
want a D2H because of its size. But I have a lot of MF Nikkors so it
would be good to have a body that can meter with them. On the other
hand, the existing D100 already won't do that.

Thanks.
Old April 1st 05, 11:17 AM
[BnH]

D70s won't meter with AI / AIs lens, and D50 as well.
Nikon warehouse is not filling up with D90 or D200 anytime soon [their
drawing board might ] .. so rather than waiting endlessly like other D100
user has been ...
just grab your D70 now. D70s price will be around D70 release price last
year .. so it will be 'quite' expensive.
[see what price strategy they apply with D2H and D2Hs ? ]

=bob=

Old April 1st 05, 01:02 PM
Yakov Chiu

[BnH] wrote:
D70s won't meter with AI / AIs lens, and D50 as well.
Nikon warehouse is not filling up with D90 or D200 anytime soon [their
drawing board might ] .. so rather than waiting endlessly like other D100
user has been ...
just grab your D70 now. D70s price will be around D70 release price last
year .. so it will be 'quite' expensive.
[see what price strategy they apply with D2H and D2Hs ? ]

And the pricing on the D2Hs is not going to stick. Nikon will not set
the price of the D70S, Canon will set it for them. Just like Toyota and
Honda effectively set the prices of other passenger cars, at least in
the U.S..

Old April 1st 05, 02:58 PM
JackN

Here in the UK the Nikon D70 rebate offer has been extended. Buy before 30
April, register before 31 May.
http://www.nikon.co.uk/d70cashback/