Google Clips - End of the photographer as we know it?

Old May 29th 18, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Google Clips - End of the photographer as we know it?

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

It will be interesting to see whether or not humans will actually like what
the AI produces as we expect it to, AI will have to emulate (or is it
simulate) how humans get please from what they hear and as humans are
differnt I can;t see an AI music compension being liked by everyone in the
world equally, so I think using AI for music is proof of anything.

music composed by humans isn't liked by everyone in the world equally
either. computer composed music won't be any different.
Old May 29th 18, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 26 May 2018 01:24:25 -0400, nospam
wrote:

--- snip ---

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

Eric Stevens
Old May 30th 18, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.
Old May 30th 18, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-29 23:09:04 +0000, nospam said:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

You need help. Eliza is there for you:

http://manifestation.com/neurotoys/eliza.php3/
--
teleportation kills

Old May 30th 18, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 5/29/2018 7:09 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

Reductio ad absurdum defense noted.
Old May 30th 18, 05:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:09:04 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

So what most people prefer gets lost in the fog of time.

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

Substitute a room full of AI devices for a room filled with monkeys?

Eric Stevens
Old May 30th 18, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 5/30/2018 12:52 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:09:04 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

ai composers will break new ground.

some people will even prefer what it creates over bach, beethoven, etc.

In the context in which I first raised the name of Bach (and
Beethoven, Monteverdi and Thomas Tallis) you would have to wait for
about a hundred years before you could find out whether or not a
particular composer was equally monumental.

maybe, but so what?

So what most people prefer gets lost in the fog of time.

that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

Substitute a room full of AI devices for a room filled with monkeys?

With proper preconditioning the masses can be led to believe
in the superiority of just about anything. Case in point: much of
modern art.
Hell, just follow stuff trending-on-twitter to see how easy people
can be influenced by [seeming] popular opinion.
A few 'experts" say it's amazing and the lemmings blindly follow.
--
==
Later...

Old May 30th 18, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-30 05:29:16 +0000, Ron C said:

With proper preconditioning the masses can be led to believe
in the superiority of just about anything. Case in point: much of
modern art.
Hell, just follow stuff trending-on-twitter to see how easy people
can be influenced by [seeming] popular opinion.
A few 'experts" say it's amazing and the lemmings blindly follow.

Don't you make sure that your gear and solutions are industry standard???
--
teleportation kills

Old May 30th 18, 06:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 2018-05-30 05:29:16 +0000, Ron C said:

With proper preconditioning the masses can be led to believe
in the superiority of just about anything. Case in point: much of
modern art.
Hell, just follow stuff trending-on-twitter to see how easy people
can be influenced by [seeming] popular opinion.
A few 'experts" say it's amazing and the lemmings blindly follow.

Don't you make sure that your gear and solutions are industry standard???

There's an industry standard for .. modern art .. classical music .. pop
music .. ?
--
==
Later...

Old May 30th 18, 06:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 29, 2018, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 5/30/2018 12:52 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:09:04 -0400,
wrote:

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Now you are making AI sound like the November 2016 voting machines.

Savageduck