Survey: Camera Straps

Old September 1st 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Survey: Camera Straps

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?

3) Do you use it half / most of the time when handholding?

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

Yes, yes, no, no

I am arthritic, and can no longer trust myself to not drop stuff....The
strap goes over my head when I first pick up the camera, and doesn't come
off unless I am using a tripod, or putting it down.....

Old September 2nd 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Ken Hart" wrote in message ...

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?
yes
2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?
yes
3) Do you use it half / most of the time when handholding?

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

questions 2, 3, 4 are mutually exclusive. Using a camera strap is cheap
insurance. Gravity is a bitch.

The problem is, it sometimes gets in the way, and it is not easy to remove
it....I have a little aluminum clip that would work well, but I only have
one of them, and I haven't been able to find another one, so I can't use it.
I need a pair of them that are small, and yet strong enough to hold my 2-1/2
pound camera plus a lens....

Old September 2nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?

3) Do you use it half / most of the time when handholding?

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

(separately posted to rpd.slr-systems as well)

Old September 2nd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Sep 2, 8:04 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?

3) Do you use it half / most of the time when handholding?

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

(separately posted to rpd.slr-systems as well)

1.yes,2.no,3.1/4,4.some. Often it gets in the way.

Old September 2nd 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Greg Campbell wrote:

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

Define 'some.'

Less than half.
Old September 2nd 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Greg Campbell

Alan Browne wrote:

Y, N only.
==========

Get real....

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

Some of the time.

2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?

Sometimes.

Old September 2nd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MadHatter

On Sep 2, 6:04 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
Y, N only.
==========

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

Yes

Old September 3rd 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

Alan Browne wrote:

Y, N only.

1) Do you have a strap on your camera(s)?

2) Do you use it all of the time without exception when handholding?

3) Do you use it half / most of the time when handholding?

4) Do you use it only some of the time when handholding?

This is a badly designed survey.