Lightroom Classic CC problem

Old February 9th 18, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Lightroom Classic CC problem

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 23:14:06 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

welcome to windows.

You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
questions about Apple.

In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
flimsiest of excuses.

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

You should get yourself a mirror.

Eric Stevens
Old February 9th 18, 09:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-02-09 09:09:01 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 23:14:06 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

welcome to windows.

You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
questions about Apple.

In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
flimsiest of excuses.

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

No import tool? Can you import the old catologs into a new one? I have
LR installed on both w10 and macOS but can't be bothered opening it...

You should get yourself a mirror.

--
teleportation kills

Old February 9th 18, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

welcome to windows.

You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
questions about Apple.

they don't 'raise questions'. they spew the usual myths.

In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
flimsiest of excuses.

nope.

i'm bashing *your* claim that you have had no problems since windows
2k, but then go on to talk about various problems, this being yet
another one.

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

in *your* case, it's running on windows.

several people on this newsgroup use lightroom (and photoshop and other
multi-platform software) on macs and don't have the problems you're
having.

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

that doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with lightroom.

you are giving windows a free pass, before you've even identified the
cause of the problem.
Old February 9th 18, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Bill W" wrote

| Companies like Google get away with what they're
| doing
|
| What are they getting away with? What are they doing that damages me?

That's up to you. I'm not going to be the scapegoat
for your ignorance. If you want to know, there's
enough info and links in this thread to find out. You
can decide for yourself after getting informed. If you
don't want to know then you can do that on your own
time. Don't ask me to help.

Old February 9th 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Companies like Google get away with what they're
| doing
|
| What are they getting away with? What are they doing that damages me?

That's up to you. I'm not going to be the scapegoat
for your ignorance. If you want to know, there's
enough info and links in this thread to find out. You
can decide for yourself after getting informed. If you
don't want to know then you can do that on your own
time. Don't ask me to help.

non-answer.
Old February 9th 18, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

in *your* case, it's running on windows.

several people on this newsgroup use lightroom (and photoshop and other
multi-platform software) on macs and don't have the problems you're
having.

Logic fail.

nope.

There are also several people in this group - including
this one - using LR and Windows who don't have the problem he's
having.

so what? that doesn't rule out windows, and you don't push things very
hard anyway.

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

the reality is that overall, windows has more problems (and ones that
are harder to resolve) and requires more maintenance than macos does.
Old February 9th 18, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2018-02-09 09:09:01 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 23:14:06 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

welcome to windows.

You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
questions about Apple.

In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
flimsiest of excuses.

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

No import tool? Can you import the old catologs into a new one? I have
LR installed on both w10 and macOS but can't be bothered opening it...

I received a message when I reinstalled LR about updating my old LR
catalog. Elsewhere I learned there is a danger that if I do this that
I may lose images or edits. What happens when you import an old
database into a new one I have yet to find out. I haven't heard from
Adobe for 36 hours and I am about to experiment on my own. But first I
will make a copy of my current catalog. I also want to try and get
Crash Reporter running.

Old February 10th 18, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:01:26 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have yet to hear back from Adobe. In the meantime I am trying to
sort out Crash Reporter. Life would be easier if it worked.

welcome to windows.

You frequently accuse other people of being 'bashers' when they raise
questions about Apple.

they don't 'raise questions'. they spew the usual myths.

In the last week you have been regularly bashing Windows on even the
flimsiest of excuses.

nope.

Yep. Very yep.

i'm bashing *your* claim that you have had no problems since windows
2k, but then go on to talk about various problems, this being yet
another one.

You are being parsimonious with the truth. I said I had no significant
Windows crashing problems. But that's not the same as saying that
Windows permissions system doesn't cause other problems for me. Nor is
it the same as having problems with applications.

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

in *your* case, it's running on windows.

So it's all Windows fault. Basher.

several people on this newsgroup use lightroom (and photoshop and other
multi-platform software) on macs and don't have the problems you're
having.

If you weren't so busy sharpening your club you would have noticed my
problems are within the Adobe domain. LR will run with a new catalog
but crashes with my old catalog.

that doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with lightroom.

Nor does it mean as you have been assuming, not once but several
times, that the problem arises from Windows.

you are giving windows a free pass, before you've even identified the
cause of the problem.

And you are all for taking it out and hanging it.

In any case, the evidence is now pointing to one particular catalog as
th problem.

Eric Stevens
Old February 10th 18, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:40:23 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Lightroom is not Windows softwa otherwise it would not also being
running on Apple. Lightroom is Adobe software.

in *your* case, it's running on windows.

several people on this newsgroup use lightroom (and photoshop and other
multi-platform software) on macs and don't have the problems you're
having.

Logic fail.

nope.

There are also several people in this group - including
this one - using LR and Windows who don't have the problem he's
having.

so what? that doesn't rule out windows, and you don't push things very
hard anyway.

again, the point is that even though he continually runs into various
problems, he dismisses windows as being a factor in any of them.

Who said anything about 'continually'?

Old February 10th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I received a message when I reinstalled LR about updating my old LR
catalog. Elsewhere I learned there is a danger that if I do this that
I may lose images or edits. What happens when you import an old
database into a new one I have yet to find out.

it converts it.

normally nothing is lost, but there are no guarantees.

there is a risk of data loss when editing photos. it's extremely small,
but it's not zero.