Irritation

Old October 9th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Irritation

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...1363390240.jpg

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

Old October 9th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

"JimKramer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...1363390240.jpg

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a fugituve from
a box of Cracker Jacks.

Old October 9th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Oct 9, 6:45 pm, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message

oups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a fugituve from
a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

Old October 10th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste

"JimKramer" wrote:

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

Welcome to the world of deadlines. My guess is that they tried
to permission to use one of Sotheby's shots, but ran out of time
and had to use whatever they could get.

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Old October 10th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

oups.com...
"JimKramer" wrote in message

oups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a fugituve
from
a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

Don't forget the fact that when you show up to take the professional shot
with a tiny point and shoot piece of plastic from Wall-Mart, they will never
ask you to do another job, regardless of how good a shot it turns out to
be.....IOW, there is more to be gained by having professional equipment than
just the final photos you get with it.....You have to "look the part"
also....this is true of most of the arts, and it is why the popular painters
and musicians all look weird with long handle bar mustaches, and/or 100 body
piercings, and $5,000 instruments.....

Old October 10th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

"JimKramer" wrote in message

oups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up
a VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a
fugituve from a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

So I see the "Subject: Irritation", and the correspondent "JimKramer",
and I think, "Hm. Shoot-In. There's one I can cover ... " But Noooooo.
It's some wimpy rant about shabby goods.

Turns out the Mandate is "Repulsion" and my [SI] cover is even more
/apropos/. So, here it is, personified:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/...74e360b7_o.jpg

Do I win?

--
Frank ess

Old October 10th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Oct 10, 5:42 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
On Oct 9, 6:45 pm, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
"JimKramer" wrote in message

groups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up
a VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a
fugituve from a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

So I see the "Subject: Irritation", and the correspondent "JimKramer",
and I think, "Hm. Shoot-In. There's one I can cover ... " But Noooooo.
It's some wimpy rant about shabby goods.

Turns out the Mandate is "Repulsion" and my [SI] cover is even more
/apropos/. So, here it is, personified:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/...74e360b7_o.jpg

Do I win?

--
Frank ess- Hide quoted text -

No, but bonus points for the angle(s). :-)

Old October 11th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

oups.com...
"JimKramer" wrote in message

oups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a fugituve
from
a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

This seems to happen a lot, from what I can see. Take a look in any
magazine, and the editorial photos are usually pretty weak.

Old October 11th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chon Kei

oups.com...

"JimKramer" wrote in message

groups.com...

Look at this pictu

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756...tos_ts/ra13633...

Now realize that somebody got paid to take that picture. Now I'm
thinking I will get rid of all my expensive equipment and pick up a
VGA resolution camera and finally make some real money! WTF!

The shot sux. It makes a (supposedly) rare diamond look like a fugituve
from
a box of Cracker Jacks.

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

This seems to happen a lot, from what I can see. Take a look in any
magazine, and the editorial photos are usually pretty weak.

Perhaps you all forget... Subject matter is everything. No interest in
the subject and it doesn't matter how good (or bad) the picture is, no
one will be interested in it.

Old October 12th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter Chant[_2_]

Michael Benveniste wrote:

"JimKramer" wrote:

And yet some Fing editor bought it and I don't mean in the good way.

Welcome to the world of deadlines. My guess is that they tried
to permission to use one of Sotheby's shots, but ran out of time
and had to use whatever they could get.

I've had two photos in the paper and I'd say neither were stunning by a fair
way. I did not have the intention of getting them in the paper, it just
the way things worked out. Doubt if I could take picture and get them into
the paper if I had actually wanted to.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk