WTB: 52mm Infrared filter- Maybe:

Old May 19th 05, 08:14 PM
River Horse

Default WTB: 52mm Infrared filter- Maybe:

The description of a infrared filter at an on-line store said that CCD's
were sensitive to infrared, but some manufacturers put filters that stop
infrared in the camera.

So I asked Canon support if the A95 could be used with an infrared
filter to take infrared pics.
they replied:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Since the PowerShot A95 is not supported being used with an infrared
filter, we cannot guarantee or confirm how it will work. You'll need to
try it and see how it turns out.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Angela
Technical Support Representative

--gee thanks for helping!-- i still don't know the answer...
anyone in this group know if the A95 is sensitive to infrared?
any knowledge as to any specific digital camera that is, or is not,
sensitive to infrared?
anyone have an infrared filter and can give it a try with their digital
camera?
anyone have a 53mm infrared filter they want to part with?

Thanks in advance,
~steve

Old May 20th 05, 04:30 PM
Mike King

Try your question on:

they suggest a simple test to see if your camera is IR friendly using a TV
remote control

come check out the group

--
darkroommike