underwater camera

Old April 16th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.scuba,rec.scuba.equipment,rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.locations,aus.sport.scuba
dechucka

Default underwater camera

wrote in message
oups.com...
But now with
digital cameras the electronic ISO settings will, I think, be better than
film camera. Of course a strobe is much better than the built-in flash,
but
how necessary is it for someone who is not a professional and not diving
more than once a year?

I don't use one. I use either natural light or the camera's built in
flash. My camera is a Sony Cybershot, 4 megapixels.

not bad photos what was the casing worth?

Old June 12th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.scuba,rec.scuba.equipment,rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba.locations,aus.sport.scuba
Cablespeed

Depends on your intended depth. I have a reefmaster as one of my underwater
cameras, and found that if the water's clear, you can go down about 50 feet
and the built-in flash will do "OK", but below that you would have to stay
very close to your subject to get any kind of results.

Max.

"Eddie G" wrote in message
. ..
I am getting the Reefmaster dc500 and wanted to know about getting a
strobe. Many years ago I bought a housing for disposable cameras and a
strobe, but I needed it as the disposable camera flash was pretty
worthless. I then had a point-and-shoot camera in a pressurized case (a
Reefmaster camera) and just used the built in flash, and the pictures were
just fair. But now with digital cameras the electronic ISO settings will,
I think, be better than a film camera. Of course a strobe is much better
than the built-in flash, but how necessary is it for someone who is not a
professional and not diving more than once a year?

Thanks!!

Eddie G