WTB - AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D

Old May 10th 05, 02:04 PM
Mark

I'd recommend the 105F2.8 micro-nikkor in manual. I have the 60 mm AF and
it is a PIA. AF drives you nuts unless your using it on a tripod (in which
case you don't need AF anyway). AF doesn't comprehend DOF. So for example
taking pictures of flowers if the flower moves just a hair (which would be
covered by DOF) the AF goes into re-focusing. I have the 105 manual and
like it way, way better for macro work.

"k" wrote in message
WTB - AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D in just about any working condition.
Thanks!

Old May 10th 05, 07:15 PM

Default WTB - AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D

Old May 13th 05, 10:27 PM
jav

I agree with Mark's comments to a point. He is correct that AF in micro work
is essentially useless. However the 105 Micro lens is also an excellent
general purpose lens, especially for portrait work. AF can be useful in
those
situations, and can be turned off for micro work. I have the 105 F2.8 AF
Micro lens and think it's superb.