Photo sharing site?

Old December 28th 16, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

Default Photo sharing site?

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 11:46:21 PM UTC+1, The Real Bev wrote:
Picasaweb was pretty damn good until google killed it. It was easy to
share albums either publicly (most of them) or with only those people to
whom you've given the password. You could see captions easily,
slideshows, EXIF info etc. Google photos is just UGLY and difficult to
work with. I want to see more photos on a single screen, but I can't
have that.

Are there any free sites that you guys like that will suck in the albums
(maybe 100 or so) from google photos ? The "suck in albums" thing is
pretty much essential since I just store all my photos (thousands) in a
single subdirectory on my HD in chronological order
(filename=filedate+time).

--
Cheers, Bev
"Attention: All virgins report to Paradise immediately!!

flickr.com is great for photosharing. You get 1 TB of free space and
you can share images at very high resolution.
Old December 30th 16, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 8:57:52 PM UTC+1, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/28/2016 10:15 AM, sobriquet wrote:
[...]

I have some albums there already, so I tried to add to the current one.
I couldn't figure out how to upload a number of photos at once, just
one at a time. The drag+drop method doesn't work well with slackware so
I have to select filenames using -- normally -- control/click. Didn't
work here. I'm sure it used to or I wouldn't have EVER used it. Feh :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"Parasites plus suckers do not add up to a community."

Dunno.. maybe you can try a different browser under linux slackware and
it might work. The upload thingy seems to require flash.
Old December 30th 16, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , The Real Bev wrote:

The Real Bev:
Picasaweb was pretty damn good until google killed it. It was
easy to share albums either publicly (most of them) or with only
those people to whom you've given the password. You could see
captions easily, slideshows, EXIF info etc. Google photos is
just UGLY and difficult to work with. I want to see more photos
on a single screen, but I can't have that.

Are there any free sites that you guys like that will suck in
the albums (maybe 100 or so) from google photos ? The "suck in
albums" thing is pretty much essential since I just store all my
photos (thousands) in a single subdirectory on my HD in
chronological order (filename=filedate+time).

--
Cheers, Bev
"Attention: All virgins report to Paradise immediately!!
This is not a drill." --MWilliams

sobriquet:
flickr.com is great for photosharing. You get 1 TB of free space
and you can share images at very high resolution.

I have some albums there already, so I tried to add to the current
one. I couldn't figure out how to upload a number of photos at once,
just one at a time. The drag+drop method doesn't work well with
slackware so I have to select filenames using -- normally --
control/click. Didn't work here. I'm sure it used to or I wouldn't
have EVER used it. Feh :-(

Download the Uploadr: https://www.flickr.com/tools/

It will run in the background and monitor the folders you've selected and sync
them all to Flickr automatically. Voila, all your albums and all your photos on
Flickr. With full Exif

--
Sandman
Old December 30th 16, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]

The Real Bev wrote:

flickr.com is great for photosharing. You get 1 TB of free space and
you can share images at very high resolution.

I have some albums there already, so I tried to add to the current one.
I couldn't figure out how to upload a number of photos at once, just
one at a time. The drag+drop method doesn't work well with slackware so
I have to select filenames using -- normally -- control/click. Didn't
work here. I'm sure it used to or I wouldn't have EVER used it. Feh
:-(

Dunno.. maybe you can try a different browser under linux slackware and
it might work. The upload thingy seems to require flash.

I've got the latest linux flash plugin -- 23.0 r0

Probably just one more thing I have to use chrome for instead of firefox.

Use the kipi plugin in any of the apps that utilise them. eg Digikam

--
sid
Old December 30th 16, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

[...]

Oki... Good to know!
--
teleportation kills
Old December 30th 16, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 9:28:04 AM UTC+1, Sandman wrote:
[...]

Except this option is only available for people with a paid flickr
account, not for people with a free account.

--
Sandman

Old December 30th 16, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

sobriquet wrote:
[...]

Nope! The Flickr Uploader works just fine for free accounts with 1000GB
storage. At least that is what works for me with my free account via my
iPhone. The uploaded image files are there with Flickr's idea of full EXIF.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5guusn64ktnav4/Photo%20Dec%2030%2C%2019%2031%2041.png?dl=0

Savageduck
Old December 31st 16, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

Download the Uploadr: https://www.flickr.com/tools/

It will run in the background and monitor the folders you've selected and
sync
them all to Flickr automatically. Voila, all your albums and all your
photos on
Flickr. With full Exif

Unfortunately it's not available under linux :-(

easily fixed.
Old December 31st 16, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 6:35:10 PM UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
sobriquet wrote:
[...]

It may work fine if you already had downloaded it previously, but
there is no download link for the uploadr tool for windows.

Curiously, they do offer a download link for the mac version:
https://flickr.com/tools/downloadmac

Savageduck

Old December 31st 16, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sobriquet

sobriquet wrote:
[...]

Although the flickr uploadr tool for windows is available
elsewhere.

https://flickr-uploadr.en.softonic.com/