BEWARE - Ebay SCAMers Canon 1ds---ebay unsafe!

Old May 8th 04, 02:05 AM

Default BEWARE - Ebay SCAMers Canon 1ds---ebay unsafe!

beware of low priced Canon 1ds 's for sale on ebay. No reserve? starts at $100 ...
1 day listing? hmmm.... 0 feedback or 1 feedback. Now in the high end camera
business? I don't think so.... then the final kicker. Money transfer? Western Union?
Don't get scammed......I found one that was mislisted so I was hopeful but nononono.
obviously a scam.....different e-mail adresses, names etc.....
BEWARE
aliases -tony grecu , Mario Rossi, Ben Jones, Rob Camarillo
from - indiana, Germany, UK ----who knows?

lets blow the lid off these scammers......they make e-bay very unsafe
Fortunately I didn't get taken.....

If anyone wants the address and bank account of this guy I have it or them, as the case may
be.

maybe I'll post it in a follow up...

Old May 8th 04, 08:07 AM
NEWS

Thanks for sharing this. One comment though--a starting bid of $1 is not
necessarily a red flag. People know market determines the winning bid and
have confidence in that, besides they save a few bucks by not using a
reserved price auction, plus they get more bids on their auction this way.
Demanding WesternUnion money order as the only means of payment by
international seller could be a red flag.

Old May 8th 04, 08:14 AM
NEWS

And, oh yeah, I just remembered one of my personal experience. A short while
back I offered my D100 for sale in the newsgroup. Some guy emailed saying
interested. Agreed on price, and then, Mr. Playing Innocent emailed me a
fedex link about COD, assuring me how safe it is, and asked me how do I feel
about this method. Well, I am not doing that. Buyer pays, seller ships.
Common business practice. I politely refused. You can guess it only takes
one more email to unvaile the ugly creature behind--Mr. Son of a Bitch with
a bad mouth.

ebay scam Boo In The Darkroom 24 March 14th 04 07:44 PM
CANON A1 kit on ebay Paul Shotan 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 November 18th 03 07:10 PM
Canon "Eyes of EOS" multimedia CD on eBay Gary Nougues General Equipment For Sale 1 September 25th 03 03:23 AM
Canon "Eyes of EOS" multimedia CD on eBay Gary Nougues 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 September 24th 03 07:31 AM
Canon AE-1 w/28-85 Zoom & 50mm on Ebay! Scott Harrison 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 August 31st 03 02:02 AM