Canon 30D versus the Nikon D200

Old March 25th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Canon 30D versus the Nikon D200

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

Matt Clara wrote:

Nikon lenses are more expensive.

That's not completely true, if you compare prices across the entire range of
lenses, from wide to tele, you'll see that it averages out for the most
part.

Hmm. Have you done the math? What are the numerical results?

Nikon has some consumer lenses, Canon has more selection, much of that
selection is more consumer lenses. I think Matt's math is probably
right, in my Nikon bias, I'd say Nikon is more careful about what they
release, given fewer releases g. In any case, neither of them are
clueless so you do generally get what you pay for.
Old March 25th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Here's a Canon image, 17-40L 1600 ISO taken in a store.

I bet those store folks "love" to see you coming and wonder if you will ever
actually buy anything (as we do here).

Old March 27th 06, 08:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:45:39 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

Here's a Canon image, 17-40L 1600 ISO taken in a store.

I bet those store folks "love" to see you coming and wonder if you will ever
actually buy anything (as we do here).

What if I already had? Most of those people are twiddling their
thumbs in the off hours. A diversion won't kill them.
-Rich

Old March 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
t...
Matt Clara wrote:

Nikon lenses are more expensive.

That's not completely true, if you compare prices across the entire

range of
lenses, from wide to tele, you'll see that it averages out for the most
part.

Hmm. Have you done the math? What are the numerical results?

No, I just remember having a similar grouse about Nikon's telephoto lenses.
Canon offered, and I assume still does, more for less. But then I looked at
the wide end of things, and the situation was reversed.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 28th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

wrote:

Here's a Canon image, 17-40L 1600 ISO taken in a store.

I bet those store folks "love" to see you coming and wonder if you will
ever
actually buy anything (as we do here).

What if I already had? Most of those people are twiddling their
thumbs in the off hours. A diversion won't kill them.

Oh. Bless you for going only in the off hours and saving them from tedious
boredom. You are indeed a saint.

Old March 28th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

wrote:

Here's a Canon image, 17-40L 1600 ISO taken in a store.

I bet those store folks "love" to see you coming and wonder if you will
ever
actually buy anything (as we do here).

What if I already had? Most of those people are twiddling their
thumbs in the off hours. A diversion won't kill them.

Oh. Bless you for going only in the off hours and saving them from tedious
boredom. You are indeed a saint.

You've never worked retail have you?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old March 29th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

wrote:

Here's a Canon image, 17-40L 1600 ISO taken in a store.

I bet those store folks "love" to see you coming and wonder if you will
ever
actually buy anything (as we do here).

What if I already had? Most of those people are twiddling their
thumbs in the off hours. A diversion won't kill them.

Oh. Bless you for going only in the off hours and saving them from
tedious
boredom. You are indeed a saint.

You've never worked retail have you?

Yes I have. We had to dust and rearrange the stock when no customers were
around.

Old March 30th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Matt Clara wrote:

Nikon lenses are more expensive.

That's not completely true, if you compare prices across the entire

range of
lenses, from wide to tele, you'll see that it averages out for the most
part.

Hmm. Have you done the math? What are the numerical results?

Why, have you done the math?

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 30th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Matt Clara wrote:

Nikon lenses are more expensive.

That's not completely true, if you compare prices across the entire

range of
lenses, from wide to tele, you'll see that it averages out for the most
part.

Hmm. Have you done the math? What are the numerical results?

Why, have you done the math?

No, but I am not the one indicating it averages out. I ask because the
statement seems very generalized and potentially unfounded.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse