Repairing ZORKI 4K - It has been done!

Old August 18th 04, 09:13 AM
Carlo G

Default Repairing ZORKI 4K - It has been done!

After spending days, having fun, I have disassembled and reassembled almost
alll the camera. Finally my Zorki 4K has been almost repaired. Now there are
only little problems with 1/1000 and 1/30 shutter speed. I knew that I
could have had a new one, used, for less than 40Euro on eBay, but belive me,
you can learn a lot turning screws in this ugly masterpiece. Well, may be I
will go to buy a second body...
Thanks to all friends have replied to my first post, making me able to find
on the net important instructions*. Now I am curious to know how much
differently designed is the original Leica from its clone. I do not have any
Leica, and even if I had one, I would not have enough selfconfidence to open
it. ;-)

* http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-131.html
http://www.pusang-puti.0catch.com/page17.html
(warning - popup hell)
www.edromney.com
www.andrewscameras.co.uk

Thanks again

Old August 18th 04, 05:02 PM
Dominic Richens

Carlo G wrote:
After spending days, having fun, I have disassembled and reassembled
almost alll the camera.

Once you have run a test roll through it, why not join us at
www.rangefinderforum.com and post a few of your shots?

Now I am curious to know
how much differently designed is the original Leica from its clone. I
do not have any Leica, and even if I had one, I would not have enough
selfconfidence to open it. ;-)

Heehee. When I got my Zorki 4 I took it apart for a CLA, not because there
was anything really wrong with it but more or less for the hell of it. I've
yet to properly fix the slow shutter speeds (they're all about 1/2 stop too
short).

Vladhed

Old August 19th 04, 01:07 PM
Carlo G

"Dominic Richens" ha scritto nel messaggio
Carlo G wrote:
After spending days, having fun, I have disassembled and reassembled
almost alll the camera.

Once you have run a test roll through it, why not join us at
www.rangefinderforum.com and post a few of your shots?

Of course I'll do it! but please be patience: the first baby is arriving
soon at home, so my wife and I are going to be a bit busy for a while... may
be it will be a picture of the new member of family!!!

Carlo