Lets talk about noise. No I mean camera making noise.

Old April 26th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default Lets talk about noise. No I mean camera making noise.

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:51:20 -0700 (PDT), David Kelson
wrote:
: On Apr 23, 7:35*am, "." wrote:
: I'm, I guess, what would honestly be considered an advanced amateur
: photographer. Now I do mostly bird photos. I have gotten my approach
: to the point that I get quite close to some birds and with some good
: lens I'm able to get what I consider great shots. But with the sound
: of auto focus the bird is often gone before the shutter opens.
:
: I use an Olympus E-510 and wonder about the comparison with the sound
: level of other systems.
:
: I am thinking of trying some sound absorbing cloth draped over my
: camera body to help absorb this distraction.
:
: Any advice will be appreciated.
:
: Charlie
:
: PURCHASE a "Blimp". They are used on movie sets by still photographers
: to quite their camera during dialog recording. They are very
: effective. They are manufactured in Los Angeles and sized for specific
: camera bodies. Regards, David

Most of the noise comes from the mirror and the focal-plane shutter. Some
P&S's are so quiet that they have a beep you can turn on to tell you that the
picture was taken.

Bob
Old April 27th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Robert Coe wrote:

Most of the noise comes from the mirror and the focal-plane shutter. Some
P&S's are so quiet that they have a beep you can turn on to tell you that the
picture was taken.

Some of them even come with immitation mirror slap sounds, to
make you feel better about your 'cheap' camera.
(Remember that sound design is done to make you feel better
about your car, your vacuum cleaner, your camera ...)

-Wolfgang
Old April 27th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2008-04-26 17:02:03 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
said:

Robert Coe wrote:

Most of the noise comes from the mirror and the focal-plane shutter. Some
P&S's are so quiet that they have a beep you can turn on to tell you that the
picture was taken.

Some of them even come with immitation mirror slap sounds, to
make you feel better about your 'cheap' camera.
(Remember that sound design is done to make you feel better
about your car, your vacuum cleaner, your camera ...)

-Wolfgang

Lawn mower manufacturers have known for decades that noisy lawn mowers
and leaf blowers sell better than quiet ones. People think they are
more 'powerful.'
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old April 28th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
____

In article 200804261942378930-christophercampbell@hotmailcom,

On 2008-04-26 17:02:03 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
said:

Robert Coe wrote:

Most of the noise comes from the mirror and the focal-plane shutter. Some
P&S's are so quiet that they have a beep you can turn on to tell you that
the
picture was taken.

Some of them even come with immitation mirror slap sounds, to
make you feel better about your 'cheap' camera.
(Remember that sound design is done to make you feel better
about your car, your vacuum cleaner, your camera ...)

-Wolfgang

Lawn mower manufacturers have known for decades that noisy lawn mowers
and leaf blowers sell better than quiet ones. People think they are
more 'powerful.'

You guys are friggin nuts.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 28th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

____ wrote:

You guys are friggin nuts.

says the guy with "____" as a name in his ID papers.

-Wolfgang
Old April 28th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
____

In article ,

____ wrote:

You guys are friggin nuts.

says the guy with "____" as a name in his ID papers.

-Wolfgang

Likewise Wolfie.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 29th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

____ wrote:

You guys are friggin nuts.

says the guy with "____" as a name in his ID papers.

Likewise Wolfie.

Well, if my name was fake, it would at least be believable.
Yours will cause you to be arrested instantly when you have
to show your identity papers.

-Wolfgang
Old April 29th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
____

____ wrote:

You guys are friggin nuts.

says the guy with "____" as a name in his ID papers.

Likewise Wolfie.

Well, if my name was fake, it would at least be believable.
Yours will cause you to be arrested instantly when you have
to show your identity papers.

-Wolfgang

My identity papers are in order, ever hear of Mt "Blanc" my lineage goes
back to 1435 in Switzerland and the family castle is still there.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 30th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

____ wrote:

My identity papers are in order,

Real faked identity papers. A new trend.

ever hear of Mt "Blanc"

Yes, it means "white mountain", not "empty space" or "4
underscores". As such it's *much* closer to my name than to yours.

my lineage goes
back to 1435 in Switzerland and the family castle is still there.

Well, at least you managed a lucky accident at birth. That's
something to be proud of.

-Wolfgang