If you photo-blog and nobody reads...

Old May 5th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil B.

Default If you photo-blog and nobody reads...

On Wed, 5 May 2010 08:34:06 -0700 (PDT), eNo
wrote:

then you're me, I guess. At any rate, for the past few months I've
been keeping up a blog others may find useful. Though the equipment
talk is somewhat Nikon-centric, I've also developed an array of
articles on general photographic technique and composition you may
find useful or something to laugh at after you've finished your
coffee. Or you can just ignore this thread and my blog and join the
silent majority. Your call.

http://esfotoclix.com/blog1

~~~
eNo
http://esfotoclix.com

The idea of "if you build it, they will come" only works in movies for
imaginary baseball fields. Nobody's going to come and participate in a blog
to read someone's opinion and then allow that person to be the only one
with the top-most posted opinion, an opinion with so little real
photographic experience behind it too. Sorry, that's what I determined the
one or two times I read your blogs.

There are hundreds of people shouting their opinions from street corners
that people pass by and ignore every day. All of those people hoping that
that shouter of those opinions will go find some other street corner to
shout from. The internet has not changed that, other than to now allow
those street-corner shouters to get indoors away from inclement weather and
things being thrown at them. Now shouting indoors on their keyboards
instead. The internet has only increased the number of street-corner
shouters and the number of street corners exponentially. They call them
"bloggers" today.

I guess you'll just have to wait for a group of people who love nothing
better than to soak up everyone else's opinion because they have none of
their own, nor a mind of their own. It seems to be the only kind of people
that feed bloggers.

I've never understood this "blog" wave that swept through the internet, nor
have ever felt the need to create nor participate in one. Nor do I
understand this "twitter" or "face book" craze. I've never subscribed to
nor ever felt the need to participate in any of those. There must be an
awful lot of loneliness on this planet, is all I can figure. Moving it into
a virtual reality isn't going to fix that, it's only going to make it
worse. Once everyone realizes that they wasted that much time of their
lives and still they are alone.

Old May 10th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
gumby[_2_]

On 05/05/2010 12:06 PM, Phil B. wrote:

Once everyone realizes that they wasted that much time of their
lives and still they are alone.

No one really gives a **** about your opinion on Usenet either.

My new Photo Blog! PixelPix 35mm Photo Equipment 0 May 16th 07 10:06 PM
My new Photo Blog! PixelPix Digital SLR Cameras 0 May 16th 07 09:59 PM
My new Photo Blog! PixelPix Digital Photography 0 May 16th 07 09:55 PM
photo blog truche Digital Photography 0 October 25th 06 06:00 PM
My Photo Blog Michael 35mm Photo Equipment 2 November 15th 05 03:56 AM