2x Teleconverter

Old March 23rd 05, 08:49 PM
Majid Khosrow

Default 2x Teleconverter

Can I use 2x TC on Nikkor 28-200 mm - G lense? I know recommended with AF-S
Nikkor; 80-200 mm. 300 mmf/2.8
f/4, 400 mm, 500 mm and 600 mm - 70-200 mm VR and Sigma lenses ....
Anyone mounted on 28-200 mm out there ? goanna be real macro fully loaded
)

cheers.

Old March 23rd 05, 10:22 PM
paul

Majid Khosrow wrote:

Can I use 2x TC on Nikkor 28-200 mm - G lense? I know recommended with AF-S
Nikkor; 80-200 mm. 300 mmf/2.8
f/4, 400 mm, 500 mm and 600 mm - 70-200 mm VR and Sigma lenses ....
Anyone mounted on 28-200 mm out there ? goanna be real macro fully loaded
)

I think it is strictly for AF-S. The mount has glass sticking out that
will not allow me to attach it to my other lenses. My AF-S has a deep
hole to recieve the teleconverter. I don't know for sure that other
lenses don't have this deep hole.
Old March 23rd 05, 10:46 PM
Majid Khosrow

... sounds fun )
28-200 mm f/3.5 - 5.6 G (IF)

Cheers

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:49:54 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Majid Khosrow"
wrote:

Can I use 2x TC on Nikkor 28-200 mm - G lense? I know recommended with

AF-S
Nikkor; 80-200 mm. 300 mmf/2.8
f/4, 400 mm, 500 mm and 600 mm - 70-200 mm VR and Sigma lenses ....
Anyone mounted on 28-200 mm out there ? goanna be real macro fully loaded

I don't see any mention against it's use in the TC-20E-II pamphlet. What's
the f# of this lens? You lose two stops by adding the TC-20 and need a
minimum f/5.6 coupled for AF and metering to function.
----------
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

Old March 23rd 05, 10:56 PM
Majid Khosrow

TC-20E II (2x) goanna fit 28-200 mm IF
which isnot listed here ...Do you know retail price ?

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...productNr=2130

Cheers

Old March 23rd 05, 11:29 PM
Majid Khosrow

Sounds good Ed but Paul means opposite you know, so I`m confused now :-/
thought TC-20E II with 28-200 mm on D70 makes good combination.

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:46:31 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Majid Khosrow"
wrote:

... sounds fun )
28-200 mm f/3.5 - 5.6 G (IF)

Here's that part from the pamphlet
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/D70/tc-20.jpg
----------

Old March 23rd 05, 11:44 PM
paul

Nope, that's the side that connects to your lens. If your lens has a
deep hole it might work.

Old March 24th 05, 02:54 AM
Michael Meissner

"Majid Khosrow" writes:

... sounds fun )
28-200 mm f/3.5 - 5.6 G (IF)

If as documented, you lose two f/stops due to the 2x converter, and the D70
needs a minimum of f/5.6 for auto focus and metering to work, this lens won't
work, since at the telephoto end, it + the TC is equivalent to f/11. This is
why the TCs generally list constant f/2.8 lenses (which give you f/5.6 when you
lose two f/stops).

--
Michael Meissner
email: