Need camera to photograph white boards and electronic circuits

Old July 8th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred McKenzie

Default Need camera to photograph white boards and electronic circuits

In article
,
raymond wrote:

I need to use the flash to keep the shutterspeed minimal for a
steady image

Raymond-

Even a bounce flash can have reflections off of a shiny white board.

Many cameras have sufficient sensitivity to take such pictures in normal
lighting, with little or no camera shake evident. Digital film is
cheap, so take multiple pictures.

Consider purchase of a tripod to hold the camera perfectly still. Some
models can be set up on a table top without fully extending the legs.

An entry level DSLR may be more expensive than your financial folks
would like, but will give the impression you know what you are doing.
Start out by asking for good equipment. They may not hesitate to say
yes.

I take it your small company does not have a photographic department.
If you (and the company) are successful, you could end up heading that
new department!

Fred
Old July 9th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Michael Black[_2_]

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Fred McKenzie wrote:

Many cameras have sufficient sensitivity to take such pictures in normal
lighting, with little or no camera shake evident. Digital film is
cheap, so take multiple pictures.

I'm really still at the playing level with digital cameras, but I have
been quite surprised how little light can turn up a decent picture. The
LCD shows pretty much darkness, yet when the photo is taken, an image
is revealed.

That's not even the case here, since there is light enough for people.
I think too many people expect to need a flash, so they never look
further. I've turned mine off because a lot of the things I might want
to photograph, the flash will be distracting. And once I did that, then
I start to learn what can be done without the flash.

I'm not saying the flash is completely unnecessary, just that for a lot
of things indoors with reasonable light the flash serves little purpose.

And once again, the neat thing about digital cameras is that there's no
film. So you see the results instantaneously, and if the image is bad,
you can try again immediately. No waiting while the film develops. And
since there is no film, it costs nothing to take a bunch of photos just
in case, and then select the best later.

Michael