DVD to digital photos??

Old February 26th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DanStates

Default DVD to digital photos??

Hello,

I have a question, I just had a DVD movie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Old February 26th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

DanStates wrote:

Hello,

I have a question, I just had a DVD movie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

if you have power dvd that lets you grab from dvd
--
Paul (Please dont take a picture)
Stop and Look

Old February 26th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cgiorgio

Unfortunately you can not get more resolution out of it than what the video
has been recorded in, no matter how much you spend on software. In DSC -
terms it is just below 0,3 Megapixels. Most software DVD - players under
Windows allow you to copy a frame into the Windows clip board and photo
editors allow you to (insert) paste the frame as a new picture and optimize
it. The resolution will just be fine for most Web - applications but not be
enough for any clean prints on paper.

Most image editors including some available for free allow you to resize the
picture by interpolation. They can not add any information they did not have
when starting out, but will make the low number of pixels a bit less
visible.

ups.com...

Old February 26th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:38:11 -0800, DanStates wrote:

Hello,

I have a question, I just had a DVD movie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Any decent player will allow you to freeze frame and copy the image. I've
done this on Linux with 'ogle'.

Old February 26th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

"ray" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:38:11 -0800, DanStates wrote:

Hello,

I have a question, I just had a DVD movie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Any decent player will allow you to freeze frame and copy the image. I've
done this on Linux with 'ogle'.

I wish I could do this with Windows from media player. All I get is the
background color used paste the video on when I ALT+PrintScreen.
John

Old February 26th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DanStates

"DanStates" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:1172509141.145693.141910@h3g2000cw c.googlegroups.com...

Dont have that... any other ideas? I dont mind paying for a good
program...

Dan

On Feb 26, 10:49 am, Paul Heslop wrote:
DanStates wrote:

Can you recommend a program to do it?

Dan

Old February 26th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

Hello,

I have a question, I just had a DVD movie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

You don't need an additional program. Just turn off hardware
acceleration and hit Prt Scrn. Paste to Paint and edit as you like.

1. To turn off hardware acceleration: Control panel\Display\Settings\
Advanced\Troubleshoot\Turn off hardware acceleration

2. Play your video. Pause the desired frame

3. Hit the key [Prt Scr]

4. Open Microsoft Paint

5. Click on Edit\Paste within Paint

6. Edit and save as you like.
Old February 27th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob

On Feb 27, 12:38 am, "DanStates" wrote:
Hello,

I have a question, I just had aDVDmovie made of a sports activity
and I want to get some good digital images out of it. What software
can I user for it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

You can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful and very
popular now , i like it very much. It's very easy to create a
customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and i can add
music, transitions, motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus.Also,
i can create slideshows on iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones, etc.

you can get it here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slid...lder.php?sid=8
and a specific tutorial is here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2170