DVD's obsolete in 10 years?

Old July 15th 04, 12:05 AM
MarkH

Default DVD's obsolete in 10 years?

Edward Todd wrote in news:info-3B8D67.12163914072004
@news-south.dca.giganews.com:

We already have memory card disks that go in cameras that will hold 2
gigs.

I think you mean 8GB!

I have a 2GB CF Card in my iPaq, but much larger are available, like 4GB
and 6GB. In February Lexar announced that their 8GB CF cards will be
available by May, so they should be available now. Can you imagine how
cheap a 16GB will be in 10 years time?

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Old July 15th 04, 12:13 AM
Charles Schuler

You must be cursed .............

I have suspected that for some time now.

Old July 15th 04, 12:13 AM
Charles Schuler

Old July 15th 04, 02:45 AM
nospam

:

We already have memory card disks that go in cameras that will hold 2
gigs.

I think you mean 8GB!

I have a 2GB CF Card in my iPaq, but much larger are available, like 4GB
and 6GB. In February Lexar announced that their 8GB CF cards will be
available by May, so they should be available now. Can you imagine how
cheap a 16GB will be in 10 years time?

Or how expensive?

Every couple of years silicon chip features have got smaller and the chips
took less power, went faster, and cost less because they were smaller. That
era is about over. Maybe you noticed PC processors haven't really got any
faster in the last couple of years?

In the next 10 years chips will not be getting cheaper/smaller/faster at
anything like the rate they did during the last 10 years.

Old July 15th 04, 03:33 AM
mark_digital

"Alan Browne" wrote in message =
. ..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...D1&u=3D/afp/a=
fplifestyle_germany_us

Not that Bill is always right...

------------
------------
------------
As long as I have a hard copy of my prints I could care less
what Bill imagines. Most movies today suck so bad who would
want to save them, never mind watch them more than once. Yech.
Same holds true for today's music. Music was better when the artists
were taking drugs.
mark_

Old July 15th 04, 03:50 AM
Douglas

There are 12 gig CF cards,only $14,900 each! That was in may,there might
have been a $100 rebate since!