DVD's won't play on KOSS player! (pics from Kodak 7330 on HP Computer)

Old January 19th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default DVD's won't play on KOSS player! (pics from Kodak 7330 on HP Computer)

I have experimentally saved photos from a Kodak C7330 on DVDs, using
'Media Center' and 'Sonic' on my HP computer, and tried to play them on
my older KOSS DVD player.

One was a 'movie' format, where the first pic fades into the second, etc.
The next was a data DVD, closed.
The third was a data DVD, left open.

The first time in, the first disk (movie format)played.

I removed it and put in another. Thee second nor third would not play,
receiving 'bad disk' message.

I put the first back in, and now it also brought up the bad disk message.
Checked all settings, turned unit on and off, all seemed fine. Any ideas?
.... or possibly any recommendations on disk type or ... ?

Thanks for your attention!
Paul
Old January 19th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Paul" wrote in message
.. .
I have experimentally saved photos from a Kodak C7330 on DVDs, using 'Media
Center' and 'Sonic' on my HP computer, and tried to play them on my older
KOSS DVD player.

One was a 'movie' format, where the first pic fades into the second, etc.
The next was a data DVD, closed.
The third was a data DVD, left open.

The first time in, the first disk (movie format)played.

I removed it and put in another. Thee second nor third would not play,
receiving 'bad disk' message.

I put the first back in, and now it also brought up the bad disk message.
Checked all settings, turned unit on and off, all seemed fine. Any ideas?
... or possibly any recommendations on disk type or ... ?

Thanks for your attention!
Paul

If the player wasn't designed to play burned dvd's or the particular file
formats you are using, you're out of luck. The good news is Walmart sell
units that will play almost anything for around $50.
Dave Cohen

Old January 19th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:14:53 -0500, Paul
wrote:

I have experimentally saved photos from a Kodak C7330 on DVDs, using
'Media Center' and 'Sonic' on my HP computer, and tried to play them on
my older KOSS DVD player.

One was a 'movie' format, where the first pic fades into the second, etc.
The next was a data DVD, closed.
The third was a data DVD, left open.

The first time in, the first disk (movie format)played.

I removed it and put in another. Thee second nor third would not play,
receiving 'bad disk' message.

I put the first back in, and now it also brought up the bad disk message.
Checked all settings, turned unit on and off, all seemed fine. Any ideas?
... or possibly any recommendations on disk type or ... ?

Thanks for your attention!
Paul

Use DVD-R instead of +R
Old January 19th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Paul wrote:

I have experimentally saved photos from a Kodak C7330 on DVDs, using
'Media Center' and 'Sonic' on my HP computer, and tried to play them
on my older KOSS DVD player.

One was a 'movie' format, where the first pic fades into the second, etc.
The next was a data DVD, closed.
The third was a data DVD, left open.

The first time in, the first disk (movie format)played.

I removed it and put in another. Thee second nor third would not play,
receiving 'bad disk' message.

I put the first back in, and now it also brought up the bad disk message.
Checked all settings, turned unit on and off, all seemed fine. Any ideas?
... or possibly any recommendations on disk type or ... ?

Thanks for your attention!
Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Have you tried to play your CD/DVD in another player to see if it works
in any other devices? If not, then it is likely how it was created. What
kind of drive did you use to write the CD/DVD? Is everything compatible
with each other? Might make a difference. All should be complying with
the Orange book rules. Let us know if you can get the media to play
elsewhere.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old January 19th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Older DVD movie players have lasers that operate at frequencies that
cannot deal with the recordable DVD media of more recent years.

Old January 20th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 20 Jan 2006 08:29:15 -0800, Bill Tuthill wrote:

wrote:

Use DVD-R instead of +R

That's kind of an urban legend.

It's hardly an urban legend. DVD+R spin at twice the speed of
DVD-R. Some older DVD players can not spin at the DVD +R
speed.